Whalers on the Point

Check Tofino Hotel Deals

Whalers on the Point Tofino Reviews

Vikram Vikram
No, you're not in Switzerland. You're in a hostel! May 27, 2016
You can imagine my delight walking into a hostel after a tiring drive to find...well an entire curtain window overlooking a beautiful serene lake (the lake being Clayoquot Sound). I was sold then and there... But what impressed me more is how professional the hostel is and yet keeps the charm of a hostel. That's getting increasingly difficult these days.

Checkin is very professional. They have tie-ups with a lot of adventure tours in the region so you can get a 10-15% discount on several bear watching activities, kayaking and even ice cream at a store (Tofino Chocolate). You can also rent bikes here itself.

The kitchen is solid, if I had to complain, the only thing I didn't like is the non-fridge storage was located right across the various litter bins so it would get a bit smelly every now and then. They serve free muffins at 830a! The kitchen is well stocked and I liked how they also have a variety of spaces at the top of the cooking range should you fancy some flavour to your curry!

The bedrooms are safe and secure (you have a $10 deposit for the key). Clean comfy beds, ample locker space and clean carpets. Never felt overcrowded (we were in a room of 4).

The location is incredible. It's at the tip of the main street, erm...Main Street so it does offer privacy and seclusion without making you feel you're a world away. Easy walking distance to most pubs and bars. The views are.... well, see the pictures.

If I had to fault it for the sake of doing so, I'd say it gets really loud and noisy at nights. Yes, hostels are like that. But in this place, they turn up the speakers in the main hall, and the noise just seems to reverberate even more so.

All in all though, I'd highly thoroughly recommend this hostel. And if you can't stay, at least please go in just to have a view!!!
That's the view that greeted me on…
Well, no wonder then, that the mai…
Entrance to the hostel and the man…
Friday night
Vikram says:
LOL, so true! it's what sold us!
Posted on: Jun 08, 2016
monkeymia79 says:
I think that view sells the hostel, lovely.

Thanks for the review.