Whale Watching Trip

Boston, Massachusetts

Whale Watching Trip Boston Reviews

RIGAS RIGAS
For all there the first time..:) Aug 17, 2014
During my 3 days stay in Boston, i had checked some things to do in the city, but i didn't expect that offers and whale watching trip! Exactly outside from Boston aquarium entrance, there are kiosks for this purpose. My first morning there, i asked the polite girl inside, what chances i have to see whales and told me that success rate is over 90%, and if that were the unlikely not to see, will offer to me another one trip for free! Unfortunately the first 2 days, cruise was sold out, so i must wait the last third day, not having another chance in case of failure...

Day of tour i arrived very earlier on pier, so i tasted a pinacolada from an outdoor bar opposite. When i tried to take my second drink in the boat, barman told me that forbidden to convey my drink outside bar(!). A little shock about American rules...:(

Boat was big, comfortable and very speedy! So it was preferable to stay inside because on the second floor the air was very strong and second most important the duration to the whales area was about 2 hours.

Finally we arrived on target area and all visitors we moved up, for better view to the ocean. First 40 minutes was absolutely disappointing! Νo sign that we may see whales. On the top of the boat, a woman with binoculars, detected the bay, for whales, and simultaneously give us helpful informations about these. When we saw the first whale, for the next one hour, we were surrounded from whales!

Fun was which side of the yacht would come next whale(!).

All guests trying to get a good position on the deck for better shots! My camera isn't professional so my shots are little distant.

An even bigger problem was that when we tried to approach very close to whales, are scared and of course, leaving...Finally we saw 4 whales and the trip was successful! Ιt was my first time in my life that i saw the queens of the oceans, so my joy was enormous!
intownlyn intownlyn
Sometimes it's just a boat ride Aug 15, 2010
I went on the cruise through the New England Aquarium at the end of July. We didn't see any whales. I spoke with a man that went on the same tour the day before, and he didn't see any whales either. They can't really control it because they're wild animals, but you should understand that you may just be going on a boat ride. It's 3.5 hours and $40 I can't get back, but I'm sure it could have been magnificent. Be sure to bring a sweater. Even if it is hot, you'll need it.
We passed a lighthouse
and a sailboat
mocba mocba
Oct 18, 2007
Hi just to say if you are in Boston or nearby it is well worth going on the Whale watching trips. i did in early October this year. Amazing takes 3 hours approx and we saw 6 humpback whales and one breached which was stunning sight. Group of 4 swimming together and well worth. It cost $36 approx which for me and the £ $ exchange rate was cheap.

Check Boston Hotel Deals