Whale Watch Cruise

Tangalooma, Australia

Whale Watch Cruise Tangalooma Reviews

Airportman Airportm…
Humpback whale watching near Moreton Island Aug 09, 2009
The price was high, but both Martin and I did saw several humpback whales.

And I told myself: where else would I see these creatures from up close? Sure, there are other places, but would it be cheaper?

Anyhow, it was quite a story how we managed to get tickets, for that you can read my blog. But we did and we were going to see humpback whales! Woohoo!

12:00pm was the departure time of the boat, so we were well in advance at the dock. The journey towards the place where the whales could be spotted, was about 45 minutes. Along the way, we were told about marine life in this part of the ocean, as well as about the humpback whales.

It took only a few minutes, before the first 2 whales appeared on the surface. Everyone was on the front of the boat, taking photographs of the surfacing whales. They weren't that active, no playing and jumping out of the water, mostly just swimming their route.

The boat followed them, then we spotted 3 more further in the distance. Both Martin and I managed to get some great photographs of the humpback wales. We also saw a young hammerhead shark near the surface.

We spent about 50 minutes watching the whales, before we headed back for the 45 minute journey to Moreton Island.

In my opinion it was definitely worth the money, but people do have to take in mind that there is always the possibility you won't see any whale or not much whales as we did.

We had a beautiful sunny day, but don't let it fool you to dress lightly. Out in the open water on a speeding boat, it can get quite cold, so be sure to dress accordingly to the weather and don't forget a hat and/or sunblock.
Island