Whale Safari

Andenes, Norway

Whale Safari Andenes Reviews

BastiaanRogerio Bastiaan…
Whale Safari Andenes Apr 09, 2008
This is one of the most unforgettable experiences in my life. In July 2007 we had arrived in Andenes and could stay here for two nights. This meant we had one day for the famous Whale Safari. However, the weather was quite terrible when we arrived. It was very stormy and we could only hope for it to change very soon. We bought the tickets and went to bed.

The next day things we're even looking worse. I was woken by the rain and wind attacking our house. When we went to the museum/safari base they didn't know if things would go on looking at the weather. We we first given a tour through the museum when we got the news the trip was being delayed for a few hours due to the weather.

A few hours later things were not really improving but suprisingly the they decided to give it a green light(they knew a lot more about the weather than we did). So my dad and I got on the ship and the next hours would be fantastic. We saw many many orca's, dolphins and on top of that giant sperm whales. Even the students who worked in the museum and on the boat were so exited they pushed the others away. One of the giant sperm whales even jumped a few meters out of the water.

A great experience which was totally worth the money and a great recommendation for everyone.

Check Andenes Hotel Deals