Whale City Bakery, Bar and Grill

490 Highway 1, Davenport, CA, USA
831.423.9803
Whale City Bakery, Bar and Grill - What do you want to eat??
Whale City Bakery, Bar and Grill - What do you want to eat??
Whale City Bakery, Bar and Grill - Outdoor Seating
Whale City Bakery, Bar and Grill - Outdoor Seating
Whale City Bakery, Bar and Grill - Walk away with some good eats
Whale City Bakery, Bar and Grill - Pump Coffee
Whale City Bakery, Bar and Grill - The Dinning room

Whale City Bakery, Bar and Grill Davenport Reviews

TradewindsHD Tradewin…
Killer Breakfast on the coast Mar 16, 2008
While on our brisk spring walk with the kids enjoying the spring flowers and the vistas of the wild open Pacific Ocean the kids demanded hot cocoa and muffins, and if you have kids like mine this could mean its snack time. So the Whale City Bakery and Cafe just steps away from our nature moment and across the road was the ideal choice. This Davenport staple is a combination bakery, bar and grill. It’s open early for breakfast and is also known for its dog-friendly policy without compromising cleanliness. Judging by the size of the weekend crowds, this place is good. The sight and aromatic loveliness of the food will defiantly bring me back for a closer look, and soon.

My kids had hot–cocoa and cookies, and the cocoa was a rich and creamy delightful mix of dairy and chocolate. It was not the normal mix of powered stuff you find at many roadside stops. As expected by a bakery the cookies were moist and delicious, and I think they were just made that morning.

I love coffee and I’m kind of a snob when it comes to the hot brew, so when I saw it was from one of my favorite local roasters I was pleased. Although it was brewed for the masses, (weak) and held in a self-serve pump container, it was… fine.

Overall this place is great and you should make it a stop on your way.
Outdoor Seating
What do you want to eat??
sybil says:
what a great combo: bar and bakery. :D
Posted on: Apr 04, 2008