Westin Resort & Spa Cancun

Westin Resort & Spa Cancun Rates and Deals

Westin Resort & Spa Cancun Reviews

sweetriva sweetriva
Great place to get away from the crowd Aug 10, 2012
This hotel is about 10 minutes from the hotel district of Cancun. The hotel is a great location for those who do not to be around the crowds but just want to relax and just enjoy the beach. This resort is great for singles, and couples. The hotel also offers photography services by and independent photographer as well as sightseeing tours.

The spa services are ok and the gym is spacious with plenty of treadmills and weights.

The food service is not great, you will have to wait at least 15-20 minutes for your meals but the food is good, especially at the Sea Stone restaurant. The service was fast at this restaurant compared to El Palmar and Sunset Grill.
sweetsummerdaiz sweetsum…
Tranquility and Convenient in Cancun May 31, 2011
I bought this hotel on Priceline also using the entertainment discount back in 2010. I wasn't expecting to snag this hotel for so cheap at $48 a night.

I found this Westin to be satisfactory. Beachfront property on the south end of the hotel zone.

I particularly recommend this hotel for: 1) Those who want to relax and have peace and quiet or 2) Those who want very cheap or 3) Those who want to be a short walk to the coral reefs for free snorkeling (bring your own gear)

I do not recommend this hotel for: 1) Those traveling with small children (no playground and not much kid food) or 2) Those who are looking for a thriving nightlife onsite.

I was a solo traveler and I found the place to be clean, comfortable, friendly, and a good overall bargain. There are 4 restaurants in the place, but food seemed hard to come by from 4 to 5pm. This is the timeframe when the pool restaurant closed but before the other three main restaurants opened.

I do not recommend the bar food (not gourmet) served in the lobby bar. No flavor and not great quality. I do recommend the salads at the Sea and Stone restaurant and at the pool restaurant, both were fabulous and reasonably priced. The Sea and Stone is a beautiful outdoor restaurant close to the water and reasonably priced ($20-$28 USD).

Before I arrived at this hotel I signed up for a SPG (starwood preferred guest) number. This scored me an upgrade to the 6th floor (top floor) in the main part of the hotel. I had a balcony overlooking the lagoon - great sunsets. (this is the only floor in the main part of the hotel with balconies. The other floors don't have windows that open.)

My room was a comfortable size, tiled floor, with the quality bedding and Westin signature soaps. Room was clean and a comfy, cool temperature.

I tipped the staff $2 dollars a day with a thank you note and requested more of whatever I preferred (regular coffee, more shampoo, more towels, more water, etc.) Worked great!

In-room safe was handy to store my laptop.

This place is almost completely silent except for very faint music at the pool. One has to be under a speaker to hear it. No other music anywhere on site.

Being at the end of the Hotel Zone, the public busses stopped about 500 feet to the right of the driveway about ever 3-5 minutes. Fare into downtown was only about 80 cents. When you board the buss for downtown you are only the only one on the bus so it is simple and safe to find a seat. Very, very convenient and cheap. Busses run 24/7.

Beautiful pools and beach. Guests can have a beach chair and umbrella available where ever they wish to sit... plenty of them.

Here are some hints:

-Convert your money to pesos prior to your trip. ATMs are in the hotel but charge about $7 USD plus your bank charges to access cash.

-Sign up for the timeshare tour of the other property downtown.... but have them "squeeze you in" when it is already full." I did this, and when I arrived there were no reps to show me around.... so they just gave me the $100 cash voucher and sent me on my way to enjoy the property on my own or to go explore downtown. It was great to get $100 knocked off my final room bill!

-The hotel doesn't have quick breakfast food, so head into downtown on the buzz where you can find tons of places to eat for breakfast.

-Happy hour prices in the lobby bar are from 4-6pm - two for one beers.

-If you are looking for a light dinner, go to Sea and Stone for a salad. They will look at you funny when you order it, but it also comes with delicious bread and both are enough for a light, satisfying dinner for about $10.

-Your SPG floor room comes with a free liter of water a day. Tip housekeeping and they will bring you more. If you buy it in the restaurants they will charge you $6.00 for the same bottle. There is a free fridge in your room for your use.

-If you want to go snorkling but don't know where to go for free, ask Chekka the lifeguard. He is the friendliest guy in the country and will be happy to show you where to find it on the Club Med property next door.

-If you are going to use the internet access, bring a 4' cable with you as the wireless signal is quite weak throughout the hotel.

-Parking is free if you are renting a car while in Cancun.

-I made a reservation prior to my arrival with Cancun Shuttle (can make a reservation online). VERY professional service and cheap. Round trip to the hotel and to the airport was $21 USD total. Look for the orange vests outside of the airport. Highly recommended!
Salad at the poolside restaurant.
Lobby entrance.
andrejav andrejav
End of the strip Mar 29, 2011
Westin Resort & Spa Cancun is a huge boxed complex almost at the very end of the Cancun strip. I arrived at the Cancun airport and took regular taxi-van service because it was way cheaper than hotels offer. After relatively short drive (Westin is one of the first resorts on the strip) I arrived to big plateau in the front of the hotel, that looked like some kind of convention center. I stayed few days in Royal Beach Club, which is new addition to the resort and it on the right side of the main building. Whole complex is built very weird, with huge hallways, bad connections to the different parts of hotel, and strange separations.

New part is built like fortress, probably to withstand hurricane seasons in Caribbean, and that takes lot of style from this hotel. Due to the size, it seems that it is not easy to maintain this place, and it was many rundown parts that are not usual for hotel of this class.

Breakfast is simply great, and includes all needs and varieties of morning food, including great local squeezed fruit juices. Multiple pools, few bars and restaurants, beach proximity, beautiful view of the sunrise are all part of the expected experience. Service is amazing, bathroom and shower perfect, bed super comfortable, and all amenities are just right. Only issue is that there is no vibe in this place, people are moving around like ghost, there is no games at the pool, only few people on the chairs, here and there… Most of the time it looked like deserted hotel. Maybe I was there in the wrong time (beginning of January), or maybe no one wants to be so far down the strip. Beach is pretty nice, with fine white sand, but there is no too many people bathing in the sea. They were probably at the pools drinking their margaritas and enjoying chorine water. I don’t know what the point of going to the sea resort is if you don’t go to the warm Caribbean waters, but again, these resorts are made towards people that need to spend money to be happy, so pool bar is a good place to have great vacation.

Connection with the town and rest of the strip is very good. Buses are passing buy every few minutes, they are fast, reliable and incredibly cheap. Taxis will cost you around $20 to get to the city, comparing to less than $1 for bus. Bus has lots of stops and you can get out if you see some cool restaurant or club on the way. Cancun is good 30 minutes away, but worth going there for good local cuisine, or just to go around a bit. Safety is excellent because no one wants problems in the town that lives from what tourist bring. Other interesting thing to do is to go to Isla Mujeres which is very touristic, but has lots of people that want to have fun…

In all it is good place to go if you want to be secluded and enjoy in tranquility.
Beach from my room
Entrance to hotel
Breakfast is the most important fo…
Good morning Cancun
Amanda Amanda
Apr 23, 2007
It's tough to give this hotel a rating because I spent SO LITTLE time there - I decided on "Average (meaning average based on the price you pay) for the following reasons:

Negative things include:

1. I didn't check in until midnight or so; this meant the only way to get a Coke (which I wanted Oh-SO-Badly!) was the evil mini bar - US $4.00!! Even for a mini bar, I thought that was nuts.

2. It's quite a hike to your room - the elevators are strangely placed at the very back of the hotel, not near the lobby - and then the rooms are further still. Odd.

3. Things were slightly run down.

4. When I checked out, the guy seemed SO confused, so I wanted a receipt for my Coke the night before - I was giving him cash for it and I wanted to make sure it got recorded to my account. He didn't know how to do this, and ended up telling me to write one out myself.

5. No shuttle offered to the airport; so even though you are only 12 km away at this point, you will pay $25.00 US.

Nice things include:

1. Stunning location by the Sea - but this is Cancun, I think most every hotel in this class of hotels is going to give you this.

2. Wake up call - was reliable, and they actually give you 2, to make sure you are up.

3. Clock radio also worked - small thing, but nice.

4. The Westin "Heavenly Bed" is always nice.

5. The Westin "Heavenly Shower" with two shower heads, always nice as well - even nicer if you haven't mentioned it to Higton a couple days prior and gotten a small talk on water conservation. Personally, I was not quite as able to enjoy it this time round. Avoid Higton if you are about to have access to a Westin Heavenly shower until after the fact.

Bottom line? I would never pay the price that the Westin website requests for these rooms - never. I got a smoking deal on Priceline, and that's why I ended up there - and I wanted a place near the airport, and this place is much nearer to the airport than most hotels in the Cancun area. So it served it's purpose, and gave me a good sleep for the couple of hours I had to sleep.
A view of the room - the Caribbean…
Bathroom sink
The Heavenly beds
The small sink by the door to the …

Westin Resort & Spa Amenities

• Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Steam Bath
  • Health Centre
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower