West side ymca

5 west 63rd street, New York, NY, USA

West side ymca Rates and Deals

West side ymca New York Reviews

Only 50 meters from Central Park! Jul 06, 2014
USA is expensive as reference the part of accomodation. My trip in USA started from New York city. Travel period was high season, namely summer, so i had some difficulties to find a reasonable price hotel. So forced to book a hostel. I found this hostel from agoda site and the cost was 580us dollars for 6 nights.

Of course i booked private room. When i landed New York i catched a bus for Times square and a taxi for the hostel. Location is perfect: Central park - Upper west side, so a taxi from Times square costs only 6 bucks. Of course all my movements was by walking. Times square is only 10-12 minutes by walk from the hostel. The room was as a prison. Very small, as a Japanese room, and the share bathrooms were plenty, only few steps from my room door. No day i met occupied bathroom, and who have stayed in the hostel know that this is important! Wifi is available only in the lobby. Unfortunately the sign wasn't available in the room. Stuff were friendly and polite. I recommend this hostel.
Bathrooms....Only few steps from m…
toferik toferik
It's quite all right to stay at the YMCA Aug 01, 2011
When going to New York in late fall 2008 I wanted to stay central but cheap. Those who've tried know that this is not and easy combination to come by in New York City, but YMCA West Side actually fulfilled both of those criteria. Though clean and comfortable were not criteria...

The room was small, and looked like it had been designed by the same guy who did Ellis Island (or even worse, Guantanamo Bay). The bed was OK, and there was a TV in the room, but for bathroom you had to walk a looong way down the corridor, and the bathrooms weren't even that great. I would recommend using the showers in the gym on the 2nd (?) floor.

There was no breakfast included, but there was a small cafeteria beside the entrance which had an all right breakfast.

The location of this hotel is it's best quality: located only a couple of blocks from Columbus Circle, and right beside Central Park, you really can't complain at this price.

So; compared to any other NYC-hotel, this is not good.

Compared to the price and location, it's great!
oprah420 oprah420
Very good value! May 28, 2011
This hotel is about location, location and location with a very good value. We know that hotels in New York are so expensive! This is one of the rare hostel/hotel that is quiet reasonable. I stayed at a single room. I have to share bathroom with other ladies in the same floor. I think I was given a card or something to enter the bathroom. It is safe. The room may be a little small but I was just so happy to have a place to sleep in the next to the Central Park. The view from the window in the floor was also nice! The view of skyscrapers were amazing! I totally recommend this hotel for a budget traveler who go to NYC!!!
sim68 sim68
Clean rooms, Great location Jul 07, 2011
Hotel right opposite to Central Park, in a safe, clean, convenient area for the park. Walking distance to Times square.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here, and recommend this hotel as a cheap and cheerful place to stay for a few nights in the Big Apple.
emilebrink emilebri…
Ok, if you don't want to spend a lot of money May 26, 2009
The hostel is okay. Location is absolutely excellent. Just a block away from Central Park in the Upper West Side and near Broadway. Subway is also close. I stayed on the 11th floor and the rooms were al little bit old fashioned.

The bed has wheels. Terrible when I turned in my sleep. The bed shaked! I put the mattress on the floor so the shaking would stop. It worked pretty well.

The room has a TV, desk and a closet and that's about it. The sinks, showers and restrooms are shared in the corridor. There's airconditioning available in the rooms!

The service is very friendly.

West side ymca Amenities