West MacDonnell Ranges Alice Springs Reviews
West MacDonnell Ranges a beautiful red centre national park Dec 20, 2010
West MacDonnell Ranges is a magnificent nature park near Alice Springs. You get to see some beautiful red centre nature.
When you visit it in winter it is in the morning quite cold. In the summer it will be too hot.
Recommended sites: (View the pictures to give you a clue! ;))
- Standley Chasm: a cleft 80 metres above the ground
- The Ochre Pits: A rock in different colored layers... so beautiful!
- Ormiston Waterhole & Gorge: A magical place to hang out. In summer it must be great to have a swim here.
- Glen Helen Gorge: It's like a river that is floating through.
- Ellery Creek: Another waterhole surrounded by rocks
- Simpsons Gap: The place to be to spot rock wallabies
Driving to the national park it is an adventure in itself. Beautiful scenery and you see lot's of different birds.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Related Travel Blogs About West MacDonnell Ranges
Kings Canyon isn't actually that close to Yulara but there's no valid place on this called Kings Canyon in Australia so I've put this entry under Yulara. But roughly, its sort of inbetween Yulara and…Alice Springs, then turned left towards the West MacDonnell Ranges to camp at a site somewhere on this road. At night…