West Highland Gate

103 Main Street, Milngavie, United Kingdom

West Highland Gate Milngavie Reviews

Dr_Seuss Dr_Seuss
Good food from the grill Jan 11, 2010
The West Highland Gate is a bar and restaurant in Milngavie. Part of the Beefeater chain, it is known locally as The Beefy.

It is split almost half and half between pub and restaurant, and as such tends to have a more sociable atmosphere.

When TB Huibdos phoned me, I had a think and decided this would be a good place to meet. The previous time I went to near where he was, and we went to The Kirkhouse Inn, but to get there would mean him driving out past here, and it meant I could walk and have a few beers.

Although open all day, the restaurant isn't that busy during the day, and they have a bar menu with the usual selection of sanwiches,burgers, baked potatoes and various other 'pub grub' and it is all reasonably priced.There are various deal options, depending on when you eat, though these tend not to be on offer at the weekend.

Been many times of an evening for a meal.Great variety of starters, though when out as a family we tend to go for the combo and have a bit of everything. I usually tend to go for the steak, as they do it really well and with a variety of different sauces on offer.

A good selection of other main dishes, and my boy always goes for some form of seafood.

Wide selection of desserts, though they don't do the ''Challenge'' ones anymore :-(. Used to enjoy beating the kids at those :-D. They do Belgian Waffles which I love :-)

The restaurant is attached to a Premier Inn, that usually seems quite busy no matter what night of the week you are in. A popular hotel for people to stay before stating off on The West Highland Way, as they can be up early, and are straight off in the morning.

I've never stayed in this one, I live here :-D, but the Premier Inn is a decent chain at the lower end of the price range, where you pay for the room rather than the number of guests,so it can work out quite economical.
West Highland Gate Bar
Premier Inn at the West Highland G…
Restaurant area from outside
The Bar

Related Travel Blogs About West Highland Gate

Meeting an old friend:)
We don't drive far, up to the West Highland Gate Restaurant in Milngavie. Here we have a decent pint of beer, a great burger from the grill and a double warm -cordially and in temp.- meeting with Ian…West Highland Gate Restaurant in Milngavie. Here we have a decent pint of beer, a great burger from the grill…

Check Milngavie Hotel Deals