Werregarenstraat

Werregarenstraat, Ghent, Belgium

Werregarenstraat Ghent Reviews

Ils1976 Ils1976
artists at work Mar 13, 2016
People traveling to Ghent almost always visit the most touristy things and I must say that I am certainly amongst one of them, so when a friend of mine told me that he was planning to go and visit Ghent and take some pictures of the "Werregarenstraat" I was completely stunned and asked him what was so special about this street.

Werregarenstraat or graffiti street like it is called by the locals is a small alley located just outside the city centre and at this particular spot, artists are free to do whatever they want.

Everyone who wants can paint something on the wall no matter what your age, you just need a can of paint or aerosol and loads of imagination and of you go!

I visited this particular street last year and most of it was just tagged but still the colors are more than impressive and just recently my friend told me they repainted the street white again so ... new artists are probably at the scene as I write this down.

If you want to check out the newly painted tags and so on ... have a little detour from the usual tourist stuff and I am sure you won't get too disappointed!
Toonsarah says:
I love to photograph street art too!
Posted on: Sep 17, 2017
Ils1976 says:
I will let you in in a secret ... when the street is full of graffiti, they paint it white again and then the "artists" can start over again ... I went to Ghent in the beginning of the year and it was painted white again, only half of it was painted, I guess now it even looks different than an few months ago! You can call it changing art! :D
Posted on: Aug 20, 2017
HORSCHECK says:
When I was in Ghent in December 2013 I also visited this street and it looked totally different compared to your photos. - Great review here.
Posted on: Aug 19, 2017