Werregarenstraat, Ghent, Belgium

Werregarenstraat Ghent Reviews

Ils1976 Ils1976
artists at work Mar 13, 2016
People traveling to Ghent almost always visit the most touristy things and I must say that I am certainly amongst one of them, so when a friend of mine told me that he was planning to go and visit Ghent and take some pictures of the "Werregarenstraat" I was completely stunned and asked him what was so special about this street.

Werregarenstraat or graffiti street like it is called by the locals is a small alley located just outside the city centre and at this particular spot, artists are free to do whatever they want.

Everyone who wants can paint something on the wall no matter what your age, you just need a can of paint or aerosol and loads of imagination and of you go!

I visited this particular street last year and most of it was just tagged but still the colors are more than impressive and just recently my friend told me they repainted the street white again so ... new artists are probably at the scene as I write this down.

If you want to check out the newly painted tags and so on ... have a little detour from the usual tourist stuff and I am sure you won't get too disappointed!
Ils1976 says:
Really ... I hope you find time someday May coz I want to read all about that ... sounds interesting as well!
Posted on: Mar 21, 2016
cotton_foam says:
Ils, this place is interesting!!

We have a "Bubblegum Alley" here in Cali! Been wanting to write about it but am lacking time. Also a "China Town" (or an alley to be more precise) in my town, which is only less than 50 meters long!!

Posted on: Mar 13, 2016
Ils1976 says:
maybe a bit of both I guess! :)
Posted on: Mar 13, 2016