Wembley Stadium

London, England

Wembley Stadium London Reviews

Real_PeaceWarrior Real_Pea…
Wembley, A new Beginning Feb 12, 2009
I was extremely lucky to have a great reason for visiting the new Wembley the first season it opened, as Blackpool had reached the play-offs and were playing Yeovil for a place in the Championship. Which we went on to win ............. so of course this review will be glowing!

We were of course two relatively 'small' sides with limited support, but still managed to provide around 30,000. Whilst this was obviously way short of a capacity crowd, there was still a great deal of atmoshpere and the new 'home' of English football lived up to it's billing, the place was simply awesome.

Refreshment and toilet facilities were adequate for the size of our crowd, and also departing facilities, but I have to say I'd have reservations about how these facilities would cope with a capacity crowd, we had to wait quite awhile for both use of the toilet and to buy coffee/beer/hot dogs at half-time so with an extra 60,000 people I think it would be stretched. That said the hot dogs weren't half bad and the coffee drinkable, which certainly can't be said for every football ground in the land!

There is an underground station right on the doorstep of the ground so leaving was relatively painless, but again I wouldn't want to have to 'file' out of the stadium with another 60,000 people. I have also been fortunate to follow Blackpool to the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff on several occasions, and whilst the facilities for departure probably aren't any better, there are pubs right outside the stadium. This is also true of Wembley of course, which also has numerous 'fast' food outlets, but for some reason, there was something extra special leaving the Millenium, to be greeted by a 'wall' of tangerine on the street downing a celebratory beer or two, Wembley doesn't seem to have the same appeal for hanging on.

There is also a good deal of accommodation available very close to the ground, including a Travel Inn Premier, just across the road.

It is an awesome stadium, and a suitable venue for hosting future great footballing events as well as the odd concert too. I wish the place the best and hope it becomes as iconic as the old 'twin towers'!
matthew matthew
Wembley Stadium Mar 28, 2008
I tell you what, it's not like the old one that's for sure! We all miss the twin towers, but hay, we've gone modern and moved on into the 21st century now. The old ground was great, but English football needed something more to keep up with the pace of modern stadiums. The new Wembley does not disappoint.

The 90,000 capacity makes this a tremendous home for English football and you can almost guarantee a sell out for major international football matches and domestic cup finals.

Not only is the stadium used for football matches, but it is also used as a venue for concert events. Since the opening on March 9th 2007, a mere year behind schedule, the stadium has hosted Muse, the Foo Fighters, Coldplay; in not too distant future, Oasis will grace the stage - I have tickets already :D

The prices for football and music are high, but the price is reflected in the quality of the events it hosts. You will only ever get the biggest football matches (England International, FA and League Cup finals, Play Off finals, major European Cup Finals - the 2011 UEFA Cup final will be played here), and the biggest names on the music scene to come through the gates. You will be expecting to pay a lot of money for tickets, but the experience that will be delivered is priceless (assuming your team wins of course).

Related Travel Blogs About Wembley Stadium

The Greatest Show in the History of the World
“It was twenty years ago today…” Paul McCartney and Bono couldn’t have chosen a more perfect song to kick-off Live 8 with. And in complete Sgt. Peppers regalia at that!Nearly twenty years…Wembley Stadium in London - and simultaneously at the JFK Stadium in Philadelphia - Live Aid took place. It was The Day That…
Los Angeles February 2007
Hey!So, I got started. But I will post one article about LA after another. There´s a lot to say and to show. So probably I will write about each day seperately.And I appologize in advance for the…London´s wonderful panorama and single spots I could point out like Buckingham Palace, the Tower Bridge and the Wembley Stadium

Check London Hotel Deals