Wellington Hotel New York City

Check New York Hotel Deals

Wellington Hotel New York City Reviews

garethr1987 garethr1…
Does exactly what a hotel should do!! Aug 06, 2013
I stayed here in November of 2012 during Thanksgiving week. When I first arrived, I found the guys at the door to be very helpful and polite with carrying my bags in for me as I would've done this myself so a great first impression.

As I booked late and didn't know what was going on during the week, I'm from the UK this will explain my ignorance, my first question to the great desk staff was basically "How will Thanksgiving affect my trip" They were very helpful in their answers and even had a laugh about it, as I thought it was like Christmas and everything shuts down.

The room I stayed in didn't have the greatest view, in fact it was of a brick wall, but if you're staying in New York the view from the window isn't important at all as you will only be sleeping in your room.

The rooms are small but that's to be expected. They are very well kept and the cleaners do a great job. I had bought a few things that had big boxes that I couldn't take back home 1. for space reasons 2. busted by customs for going over my spending allowance, so I left a small tip and note for the cleaners who kindly took them away for me. A few dollers and a few Hershey's kisses will help sweeten the deal though.

The gift shop is average, with the standard I Heart NY stuff, but they do have newspapers, drinks, sweets, ciggies etc if your're in short supply of that sorta stuff and they are open to I believe 11pm.

The location is great slap in between Central Park and Times Square.

All in all this is a great hotel with great staff and comfortable rooms. Although if you are looking for something with a modern feel, this hotel is not for you. I will be staying again in the future for sure.
Times Square just a short walk fro…
blondy1000 blondy10…
Affordable, great room service and good location Feb 10, 2009
This hotel is in a great situation nr to time square but also next to central park, provides taxi service to and from airport. Clean hotel, provide any torist offers availible, good room service. Reception staff are not the happiest, but we all have bad days!!! Value for money very good had a sweat for 3 people, this was two rooms sofa bed, queen bed, mimi kitchenet, two tv's and bathroom. Plenty of storage space. Would recommend as accomodation for anyone.
Ashley5 Ashley5
Wellington Hotel New York Mar 09, 2008
This hotel was in a perfect location. It was within walking distance of almost everything. Central Park was especially close. Our cab driver had no problem finding the hotel either. Our room was very small but comfortable. The bed was very comfortable. We didn't really have that much of a view out the window just of the building across the street. And we could see a little of the street below us. The only thing we could say bad was that occasionally we could slightly hear talking in the other rooms, but not enough to actually bother us, and you could really hear talking in the hallways we were at the very end of the hall so we rarely heard this but it did happen. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I had lost my suitcase during the flight and as soon as it arrived at the hotel I was notified, which showed a very good and reliable staff. If we were to go back to New York we would definitely choose this hotel again. We enjoyed our stay at this hotel!
View of hotel
emirv emirv
Mar 30, 2006
Excellent location, helpful staff, clean rooms, comfy beds, easy to find, fairly priced. Recommended for short term trips to the City.

Wellington Hotel New York City Amenities

• Water Activities
  • Ice skating
  • Direct dial phone
  • Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Cots