South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV, USA
Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Sign - Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Sign
Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Sign - Harley Davidson store opposite the Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Sign
Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Sign - Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Sign
Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Sign - With Showgirls infront of the Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Sign

Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Sign Reviews

anewchapter anewchap…
Welcome to Vegas Apr 07, 2015
The very first thing I went to see after landing in Vegas and unpacking at my hotel was the 'Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas' sign.

Yes, its just a sign but its one that everyone knows so well. Its located approximately 5 minutes walk south of Mandalay bay and opposite it is the Harley Davidson Motorcycles shop.

I went there at around 7pm and there was a decent sized crowd of people there taking photos.

There is no zebra crossing/crosswalk to get to the sign so you have to wait until the cars on the busy stretch of road ease up before sprinting across to the sign.

At the time I was there, two girls dressed as showgirls were there and so I posed for a photo with them. As with most things in America its all about tipping, so if you want to tip them you can...but I guess you don't have to ;)

I'd recommend visiting the sign. Its a fun and free thing to do and a great first pic to go in your Las Vegas photo album.
Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Sign
With Showgirls infront of the Welc…
Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Sign
Harley Davidson store opposite the…
anewchapter says:
Some will ask if you want a photo and then say "we accept donations in return" and others you go up to and ask for a photo and they will say the same.
Some of the peoples 'outfits' were laughable though. There was a really obese woman in Freemont with bare breasts on display posing for pictures haha I gave that one a miss.
Posted on: Apr 08, 2015
trippin_jen says:
About tipping, how do you know when to tip and when not? I've heard stories like people just stand there in costume and act as though it was just their own fashion but once photos are taken, they mug you.
Posted on: Apr 07, 2015