Welcome Restaurant

Comoro Road, Dili, East Timor

Welcome Restaurant Dili Reviews

goezi goezi
Carpark Curry Dec 04, 2009
Located on Comoro Road, near the traffic lights, or across fromt the Leder Supermarket is a good little curry house that has tables both inside the restaurant or outside in the carpark.

The food is not the best Indian I have tasted but the price is very good making the food very good value and the Welcome a popular restaurant.

We went there the night before I flew to Australia as a final farewell to the guys of Tuituia 7 & 8 who would be leaving the mission while I was away. This would be the last time I would see them realistically and we enjoyed the night to it's fullest.

Welcome is a BYO but you can purchase beer and wine there if you wish to do so. We started by ordering entrees but knowing that typical indian dishes are too big for single settings I ordered some raitas to go with the mains and the naan breads rather than additional food.

We put all the dishes into the centre os the table and shared the flavours. Unfortunately we all ordered meat dishes so we had a good selection of lamb and beef but nome of the traditional vegetable dishes listed in the menu.

We didn't get close to finishing all the food and I couldn't bring myself to orering a desert even though I really wanted to -maybe next time.

At the end of the night we tallied up the bill and discovered our evening had cost us the grand total of $11.00 each. Great value. Reasonable food. You're WELCOME!
Neon shows the way
Tables set in the carpark out front
Welcome Restaurant Map