Welcome Bay Hot Pools

Welcome Bay Road, Tauranga, New Zealand

Welcome Bay Hot Pools Tauranga Reviews

goezi goezi
More hot water! Mar 27, 2009
I've been to the hot pools at the Welcome Bay Motor Camp a couple of times now. The first time the sun was shining the birds were singing and the bees were buzzing and my friend and I sat in the warm water and watched the sun sink behind the hills and the lights around the pools grow brighter.

The next time there were no birds, bees or sun. The weather was shocking and the rain was falling so heavily I was more wet out of the pool than in.

It would have been nice on either occasion to have some sort opf cover over the pool. The NZ sun is ruthlessly hot and the rain flowing off my head and over my eyes was just a pain.

The pools are nice though. There is one that has a seat around it's whole side and is big enough to sit about 50 people easily. The hot water enters into this pool before it flows over a little spillway into the larger swimming pool. When we got too hot in the first we would slash over the spillway into the second. This one is much cooler and perfect to stretch out and chill until you're ready to leap back into the hot pool.

The swimming pool also has an area fenced off for children and toddlers.

Obviously the pools are part of the Welcome Bay Motor Camp's facilities but they are open to the public. The price for an adult to swim is just $6 and there is a Barbecue area near the pools where you could unpack the hamper and spend the day with the family.
williamsworld says:
I love the hot water. No too many places to go in Texas, but when in Japan, need I say more.
Posted on: Mar 27, 2009