Weinstube Schnitzelbank

06221 21189

Weinstube Schnitzelbank Heidelberg Reviews

mainhart mainhart
Best food in Germany! Jun 14, 2013
I loved this restaurant. It's one block off the Hauptstrasse, the main pedestrian street in Heidelberg. There are plenty of good places to eat in town, but I decided to look for something a little off the main track. From the outside it is quite unassuming and the long concrete corridor to the restaurant is even a little spooky. But once inside the place is full of old world Germanic charm: candlelit lanterns, wood everything, old bar, and most importantly lots of locals. The very upbeat and charming host/waiter/bartender was very hospitable, and seemed genuinely flattered when we took his suggestions on what local fare and drinks we should order. I had a grilled pork schnitzel with mushrooms and spaetzle, which was amazing. My friends ordered a cordon blue like schnitzel dish that was so flavorful and crispy I almost wished I ordered that (almost). I never consider eating at the same place 2 days in a row when I travel, but I came very close to breaking that rule. If I ever go to Heidelberg again I will return there. The best food I have had in my many visits to Germany.
Schnitzel Bank Restaurant. The bes…

Check Heidelberg Hotel Deals