Weeze Airport

Flughafen-Ring 1, Weeze, Germany
www.airport-weeze.de - +49 (0) 28 37 / 66 61 11
Weeze Airport - The airport is a former military base.
Weeze Airport - Long lines when checking in luggage.

Weeze Airport Reviews

JoeriNL JoeriNL
Convenient budget airport Aug 20, 2010
Weeze Airport (NRN)

By Ryanair it's called Duesseldorf-Weeze, although in fact it us 70km west of Duesseldorf. Convenient enough for me since that means it's closer to my country The Netherlands on which the airport focuses. You'll notice many car licence plates are the yellow Dutch ones.

By car:

The airport is located directly at the A 57 near Kleve, approx. 1 hour away from Düsseldorf city centre, and only a short drive when coming from the Netherlands. Take exit Goch/Weeze and follow the airport signs.

There are 3 parkings, P1, P2, and (strange) P4. I would advice not to use P1, it's directly next to the terminal but P2 is just accross the road and will cost half the price. P4 is new, and about 800 meters from the terminal, there's only a free bus in the morning hours from the parking to the terminal, not the other way around. If possible avoid this one, although at the moment you may get away with free parking there since there aren't any gates installed yet.

Public transport:

The airport has many busconnections, among those to the trainstations of Weeze and Kevelaer, but also as far as Amsterdam and Cologne. Check their website for more info.

Terminal:

It's a small terminal with a small coffeeshop from where you can see the planes take-off, and restaurant for a bratwurst ;) Food and drink don't come cheap though. If you need to check in luggage make sure you arrive in time, lines are usually lone. Customs are quick and efficient, but the waiting area is pretty small when multiple flights leave around the same time. There is a small tax free shop which you have to go through after customs. Planes park just outside the terminal so usually it's a small walk to them. Occasionally a bus is used.

Overall a simple but convenient airport which offers over 50 Ryanair destinations accross Europe, and 3 Wizzair destinations in eastern Europe. Besides these there are seasonal holiday (summer and winter) charters.
The airport is a former military b…
teodora88 says:
Hi. I would like to ask you if it's secure to leave the car in P2 for 2 weeks?
useful review!
Posted on: Nov 15, 2010
JoeriNL says:
Definitely, my flight from Weeze to Kaunas with Ryanair was only about 30 euro return including taxes :)
Posted on: Aug 20, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Weeze Airport

The Dusseldorf TravBuddy Meet-Up!
So today is the day of the meet up but first we actually have to get there. Set the alarm pretty early and since we didn’t get to bed until early morning it wasn’t pleasant waking up. But I was s…Weeze Airport. Turns out that Weeze is NO WHERE NEAR DUSSELDORF!!! It was soo far away! It took…
Day 1 - Travel and arrival
Got up at 7 when I had only gotten to bed at 4 after spending hours chatting on msn and drinking a lot more wine than is good for me. The few hours I slept were not spent dreaming of Seville but of c…Weeze airport we basically just sat around chatting and had a quick look around the shop. We then checked…
Short stay in London
On tuesdaymorning at 06.50 a.m. we took off from airport Weeze in Germany to visit London for three days. We landed on schedule in England. The airport Stansted is surprisingly big. We bought tickets…airport Weeze in Germany to visit London for three days. We landed on schedule in England. The airport Stansted…

Check Weeze Hotel Deals