Weekends to Vung Tau

Vung Tau, Vietnam

Weekends to Vung Tau Reviews

sethwd2 sethwd2
Avoid traveling to Vung Tau on the weekend Dec 05, 2009
I'm not sure how to rate the cost for this little tip, it can vary depending on how you read the situation.

Basically, Vung Tau has really sprung up since the last time I was there (2 years ago) and with the resulting development, there has been a boom in tourism, and as a result, a boom in prices.

Hotels tend to double their prices (or even more) during the weekends as workers from HCM (both foreign and Vietnamese) travel for the weekend to relax after their busy work week. Most go from Friday night to Sunday night, so unless you work during the week and live in HCM, I fully recommend traveling there during the week if you choose to make Vung Tau a stop on your Vietnam trip.

Aside from the price increase, it's also difficult to find a bus back on Sunday, especially in the evening time. Only some companies allow you to book ahead which makes seats on the others a total crapshoot on Sunday at the bus station.

Put it simply, beware if you travel to Vung Tau on the weekend, and avoid it if possible.

Related Travel Blogs About Weekends to Vung Tau

Vung Tau
For my weekend during the week, I headed to Vung Tau for a night.  The bus there was actually a mini van and was quite comfortable save the Vietnamese gentlemen who mistook my shoulder for a pil…weekend during the week, I headed to Vung Tau for a night.  The bus there was actually…

Check Vung Tau Hotel Deals