Wedmore Place

Wedmore Place Rates and Deals

Wedmore Place Williamsburg Reviews

hobawest hobawest
Overnight at Wedmore Mar 24, 2013
I was traveling through Virginia and wanted to stop overnight. I came across the James River Ferry pretty late and used my phone to book this hotel. The woman who booked my room was very nice and made sure that I got in alright.

The word "hotel" is really a misnomer because it's not anything like a chain hotel but more like an inn. Think Williamsburg, VA in the 1750s (plus electricity). It's a very nice place to stay.

Apparently, each room has a different motif; nothing like what you'd see at a typical hotel. There was also a working fireplace in the room where you could have a fire during part of the day. I didn't light a fire but I imagine it would be very nice on a cold day.

Another great thing about this inn is that it's next door to the Williamsburg Winery. I didn't tour the winery (but by booking the room at Wedmore Place you will receive complimentary wine touring and tasting tickets) but I did stop off at the Winery's shop to buy gifts for the folks on the next leg of my trip.

I highly recommend staying here if you want something more upscale and unique that a chain hotel and want to stay around the Williamsburg/Jamestown, VA area.

Wedmore Place Overview

Location
The Wedmore Place Hotel is ideally located on Wessex Hundred Farm. Located aptly on the countryside, this hotel is well connected to James River, Jamestown.

Rooms
The Wedmore Hotel offers many spacious and luxurious rooms fully furnished with all the modern amenities. The rooms are well crafted and maintained. All the rooms feature wood-burning fireplace, antiques and tapestries, satellite TV, high speed Internet access and hair dryer.

Restaurant
The onsite Cafe Provencal serves buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. The onsite pool terrace wine bar serves sublime drinks. Moreover, the hotel is well connected to many local restaurants nearby.

Wedmore Place Amenities