Phuket, Thailand

Weather Phuket Reviews

IvanG IvanG
Jun 18, 2007
I went in April which was just after the "peak" (aka touristy) season and it was suppose to have good chance of rain. Luckily throughout the day it was sunny without a cloud in the sky (literally), but then 2 nights it would rain buckets for about 30 mins and then clear up like nothing happened. From what I'm told that's pretty much how April - November is suppose to be. Then I guess that makes the other months "dry" months, which would explain all the tourists flocking in from North Europe to get away from the brutal winters.

I think if you are on a budget, then go in the off-peak, sure you might stand a chance of having some rain, but if you stay long enough you will get plenty of sun. On the other hand, if you pay a premium to go in the peak, you will enjoy the sun, but it will be crowded!
Purdy says:
I went in June and it rained - but lm taking the plunge and hopefully going back in November - lm hoping that the weather will have picked up!
Posted on: Jun 19, 2007
Ellis_James says:
Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the info. Yes I figured as much. Ah well, like you say at least it will be quiet. Its my honeymoon as well.

Posted on: Jun 18, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Weather

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…weather was closing in at it was getting late ( thinking it would take 15 minutes).   It takes more like 3 hours. Shit.   So I had to pay another…
Phuket Island Hopper
Today, during my third visit to Phuket, I finally got around to seeing Koh Phi Phi. The first time I came to Phuket was only a few weeks after the Boxing Day tsunami and, although boats were running …Phuket was in August, and the cloudy weather and high winds didn’t exactly encourage boat trips and snorkelling. For this…
week in thailand
Thailand is an incredibly interesting place! From the time we set foot in Phuket, we realised that the pace of life is much slower there and it was particularly interesting to see the reconstruction…weather and very high waves between Phuket and Phi-Phi. instead, we went to Coral island. we enjoyed a jet boat…

Check Phuket Hotel Deals