We Cook Thai Home Garden Cooking School

Chiang Mai, Thailand

We Cook Thai Home Garden Cooking School Chiang Mai Reviews

hoofinnit hoofinnit
Fun Filled Evening in Chiang Mai Jun 06, 2014
As there are many Thai cooking schools in Chiang Mai I thought I would write a review about the one I chose as I was very happy with the class. I may have given it 5 start if I enjoyed cooking more, but truth be told, I'm not much of a cook. Our instructor Miw (also the owner)was so cute, entertaining and funny. Included in fee (about $30 US which seemed to be average) was a hotel pick up. The class began at a local market where Miw showed us some interesting local cuisine as well as the ingredients we would be using in our dishes. We then had about 20 minutes to go for a wander and try things at our leisure. We then headed to the cooking school which is also Miw's house. The school is set in her garden which was nice. The space has a fun and modern vibe. We were first shown into Miw's lovely family room where we sat at a table on the floor and tasted a couple of local fruits. Then we went back outside to the cooking area. We each got to prepare an appetizer, our choice of a main and a dessert. The ingredients are pre chopped, so except for using the mortal and pestle to make the curry paste, it is just a matter of adding the ingredients in and cooking it up. We all made spring rolls as the starter which I found challenging but fun to roll them up. I chose to make Khao Soi as my main which was absolutely delicious. In addition we also learned to make mango sticky rice which was fabulous. After making our food, we sat at a table on the floor of Miw's lovely family room and had a beautiful meal and interesting conversation. It was a great evening!
vulindlela says:
Congrats!
Posted on: Oct 19, 2014
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on being featured! Looks delicious!
Posted on: Oct 19, 2014