Ways of Getting Around

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Ways of Getting Around Amsterdam Reviews

Luckystar Luckystar
Ways of getting around in Amsterdam / NL Feb 09, 2012
Public transport is a good way of getting around in Amsterdam / the Netherlands. It would be advisable to get an "OV chipcard" if you will stay for a longer term. For planning ahead (time schedule and costs), you can always use the website: http://9292.nl/en

Cycling in Amsterdam is a fun and safe way to explore the city! There are many places to rent a bike in Amsterdam (just google to find something around your stay). This way of exploring Amsterdam is exceptionally cool when the sun is shining (when it's raining, just take public transport or a taxi)

Have a safe trip!
OV chipcard
magnificent magnific…
Moving About in Amsterdam Mar 21, 2010
Amsterdam's Centraal Station is a short train ride from Schiphol International Airport.

My recommendation is to get a strippenkart to ride the trams and buses regardless of how you intend on moving about in the city, it can come in handy.

Many people ride bicycles and you can easily find places to rent one from. You will also see many locals riding motor scooters.

Of course one of the obvious modes is walking. This is a nice way to explore the city and once you get familiar with the canals it will be easy to navigate yourself around.

One of the charms as I've mentioned in other writing on travbuddy is the canal rides. For a more personal feel go with a smaller outfit, often times you can go through some of the smaller canals that the commercial outfits cannot go.

Riding the trams through the city is another easy and inexpensive approach. Again if you are going to ride the tram more than a few times it would be better to get the strippenkart.

You also have buses and taxi's available into the late night.

Since most of the sights and activities are concentrated in the city's Centre you will find it easy and inexpensive to move about in this beautiful city of Amsterdam.

Related Travel Blogs About Ways of Getting Around

Dan, Ben and Steves tour of South East Asia 2002
Wednesday 3rd April 2002 After 10 uncomfortable hours on lufthansa’s finest 747 we landed at Hong Kong’s Chek lap kok airport at about 7am, unfortunately we’d had seats in the middle row so di…Amsterdam. We got a taxi back to the New Joe.   Sunday 9 th June 2002   Up at 9am and down to a café to get some breakfast…
Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…way with the conversation getting most people talking to each other on the boat..   I had a very satisfying chat with the Israeli couple. I fouind…
Gone Dutch!
All my pictures from Amsterdam are uploaded here: http://www.ladyglam.multiply.com/photos I absolutely love the I amsterdam campaign by the way! Anyway here are four words that can describe my Ams…Getting around. Amsterdam has an organized tram system and with the help of the city map (which cost 2 Euros by the way), you could…

Check Amsterdam Hotel Deals