Wawona Hotel Dining Room

8308 Wawona Road Yosemite, Yosemite National Park, CA, USA

Wawona Hotel Dining Room Yosemite National Park Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
sandwiches & soup are filling, good ambiance and fair price Sep 10, 2014
As far as I know, there are only a few food services inside Yosemite park. And prices are worth a king's ransom. Most people bring their sack lunch and eat at picnic grounds.

We were starving after visiting the Mariposa Grove, where some giant Sequoia trees grow in this particular park. We were driving along Highway 41, near the park's entrance when we spotted Wawona Hotel. We're not sure if it has a place to eat, but it's a hotel, so our hopes were high. We drove into the hotel's driveway and then parked; parking was not a problem at noontime.

We walked inside and were greeted by a friendly desk staff. She then directed us to another staff who works in the restaurant.

Glad to find out there is a restaurant, "Wawona Dining Room," is the name of the hotel's restaurant. Unfortunately, they just stopped serving lunch at 1:00 p.m. But the staff informed us they have sandwiches and soup if we are okay with that. That worked perfectly since we didn't plan to consume heavy meals.

The serving staff was very friendly, and even gave us complimentary pens!

We ordered sandwiches and bowls of soups, which were fantastic--simple meals but filling enough.

The dining room is spacious, clean and does have a Victorian but rustic feel. We had a quite place to ourselves because most of their guests have left already.

Prices are relatively fair; we paid $10.00 per person for a sandwich, a bowl of soup and refillable soda or tea. Probably, we'd pay about the same price if we ate at the park's concession food service. Over here, we had a good ambiance, and foods were good enough.
cotton_foam says:
Bill, thank you for the smiles and comment :))
Yes, and sandwiches were delicious! ~
Zagnut66 says:
The sandwiches look pretty good.
cotton_foam says:
Thank you, Nancy for the smiles!! Yes, the large house turned into a hotel is very pretty!
pavlim pavlim
Great Food Mar 27, 2011
This restaurant offered great food, at an affordable price, in a very nice setting. We got great service, friendly and was very satisfied overall.
nicolecarp nicoleca…
Wawona Hotel Dining Room - a step back in time May 28, 2009
As you drive up to the Wawona Hotel you are immediately taken back to a time that I know I would have loved to experience. The hotel is 130 years old and has a magnificent dated feel and traditional decor. It makes you want to sit down on the old wooden deck in the wicker chairs and just day dream as to what happened there since they opened the doors.

The hotel was so charming that we decided to have lunch there. The main dining hall caters to breakfast, lunch and dinner. Saturdays offer a BBQ which sounded delicious and I knew I could have stayed there all day relaxing on the porch. (Lunch is also offered on the porch as well) When you sit in the dining room and look at the huge windows they display a great view which would be a favorable spot to watch the sunset. The room gives you a calm feeling and a glimpse of the good old days.

The dining room serves a very nice cuisine, no fast food here but 'fancy burgers' are available. I was not too hungry and decided on something that myself as a non adventurous eater would be safe with. Keep in mind that I am highly allergic to anything good for me which equals veggies. I got the white bean turkey chili in a cup and needless to say one cup wasn't enough. The waiter then brought me an entire bowl! Add some wheat crackers and I was in heaven. Also ordered was a club wrap with a tomato basil tortilla. I must admit, I liked it and it was very sizable. One slice of amazing cherry cheesecake..no kidding, it was amazing..topped off our lunch. Side note: our waiter was super knowledgeable about the Yosemite area and I assume most are so if you go there and need tips don't hesitate to ask.

Our bill was $47.00 for 3 people..good times included for free.
Exterior of the Wawona Hotel
Part of the porch
I wonder how many people have look…

Compare Yosemite Village Hotel Rates (4.4km away)

Wawona Hotel Dining Room Map