Waterfront Park

Portland, Oregon

Waterfront Park Portland Reviews

dolcen dolcen
Beautiful and Free Feb 11, 2010
This is my favorite place in all of Portland. It's just a wide spread of grass where people play Frisbee or guitars, sidewalk where people jog or skate by, and then Portland's river running right through where people sail. There are two bridges on either side that will take you to the other side of Portland, which is known as the Hawthorne District. It's a beautiful view no matter which way you look, and no matter what time you go. There's a fountain that turns on in the summer that is very fun to run through! But look out for a small ledge that's made invisible by all the water. I have tripped over it so many times.
binky binky
Nov 16, 2007
Ah, Waterfront Park, how I miss you! When I used to live in Portland, this is where you would find me on many beautiful nights. Well, me and a few hundred other people… Waterfront Park is located on the west bank of the Willamette River and is spread out over 37acres. Waterfront basically is a park with a walkway along the water that leads to more walking or to restaurants and bars. It also is where Fleet Week happens during the Rose Festival. There are rides and booths there during this time, but it also become a scary meat market. Yikes!

Waterfront is the best place to ride your bike, rollerblade or go old school in roller skates, walk or just people watch. I like to walk and people watch, because there are a lot of strange people in Portland and you can see right at Waterfront. Though I wouldn’t recommend going late at night as there are less people and sometimes you can run into someone just too weird.

Also there is Salmon Street Springs that is turned on at various times during the summer. It is a fountain that shoots out water and is a favorite spot when the temperature rises. I have run through it a few times myself until I thought about where the water might be coming from. Have fun!
View at Waterfront

Related Travel Blogs About Waterfront Park

Fourth Of July in Clackamas, Oregon Equals A Whole Lot of Wow!
This summer for Independence Day, I decided to leave the crappy sauna that is NYC and head out west to visit my family and friends in Portland, Oregon to escape the torture that is known as an East C…Portland with Angie, we crank it up.   Why?   Because we like to laugh!   As we got closer to Waterfront, we were surprised to see a parking

Check Portland Hotel Deals