Waterfront Hotel Labuan

Check Labuan Hotel Deals

Waterfront Hotel Labuan Reviews

iramalama iramalama
hotel with marina Jan 18, 2010
The Waterfront Hotel Labuan looks great in its advertising pictures online. This being Borneo, I was hesitant to accept that it looked so good in real life, but it actually does. The pool area, first and foremost, is stunning. However, the harbor view is less amazing, as the waters are polluted and spattered with large cargo ships. The room itself was nice and clean (and very cold) but nothing above average. The toilet in my room didn't flush unless the handle was held down for 20 seconds and the shower design flaw made for a wet bathroom. The staff performance, on each interaction I had with them, was fairly poor though...to the point that I felt cheated (room downgrade, then later transferred to a room immediately next to a 9-5 renovation despite the hotel having other empty rooms from the looks and sounds of things). The location is great if you have business to attend to at the Ujana Kewangan Financial Park. Otherwise, it is a 15 minute walk to the town center. Taxis are plentiful at the hotel or across the street at the UK Financial Park. The hotel buffet breakfast was pretty good, offering a tasty mix of popular Malaysian and Western dishes. Overall, I am still a bit bitter at the way I was treated and the general unhelpfulness of the staff (I walked around the lobby looking for the elevators/lifts, then walked around the hallway in the wrong building trying to find my room...the check-in staff basically just handed me the key and turned to talk to his friend without a word to me the whole time). I'd probably try a different place in the same price range next time.
Hotel entrance
Inside room
Part of the pool complex

Check Labuan Hotel Deals