Waterfall terrace Del Mar Reviews
great for peaceful meals with an ocean view Jun 03, 2013
Hotel L'Auberge Del Mar located in the heart of Southern California's most picturesque coastal village of Del Mar and overlooks the Pacific Ocean. Relaxed outdoor Waterfall terrace restaurant located off the main lobby.
The restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Chief Dolbee describe there menu as "playful, fun and adventurous with retro influences." The menu showcases modern versions of classic lunch dishes, as well as invites guests to participate in their dining experience. Both the hot dog and hamburger make a comeback on the menu, but are far from ordinary. "Fat Dog" consists of a Kobe beef hotdog wrapped in house-made bacon and placed on an Artisan pizza crust bun. The Kobe beef "Bling Burger" is topped with a truffle, bacon, friend eggs, fried onion and tomato jam.
Other menu items are interactive, allowing guests an opportunity to build their own dishes from a selection of items on the side such as sauces and garnishes. One noteworthy example is the fish fry, where diners choose from four fish selections, four dips and four styles of "chips". The chopped salad offers similar customization with a choice of lettuce, toppings and salad dressing.
A few highlights of the new Waterfall Terrace menu include:
-Ahi Tuna 'Tower'- Avocado, Roasted Tomato, Spicy Soy ($16)
- Grilled Seafood Salad- Lobster, Shrimp, Scallops, Tomato, Hearts of Palm,Parmesan Chive Dressing, Brioche Croutons ($23)
- Roasted Mushroom Flatbread with Gruyere, Truffle Cream, Cipolini Onion ($16)
- Bling Burger made with Kobe Beef, Truffle, Bacon, Fried Egg, Fried Onions, Tomato Jam ($18)
- Ahi Tuna Sandwich- Grilled Rare, Shiitake Mushroom, Pickled Onion, Arugula, Sambal Aioli ($18)
- Hot Pastrami- Grilled Rye, Homemade Potato Chips,Heirloom Tomato Salad ($16)
- Fat Dog- Bacon Wrapped Dog, Truffle Mayo, Pico De Gallo,Lettuce, Pizza Bun ($16)
A truly memorable experience.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!