Water Ski Show

100 South Lake Silver Drive, Winter Haven, FL, USA

Water Ski Show Winter Haven Reviews

Cho Cho
Water ski show on the lake Nov 26, 2015
Since I was a young boy, I have watched many water ski shows in films and have always wanted to see it performed live. Apparently, they are not so popular in Europe or Asia but still has an appeal to American audiences. Anyway, last weekend I finally had the opportunity to see a real show performed by the Cypress Gardens Water Ski Team. This team was started by former water skiers from Cypress Gardens Theme Park (which closed down some years ago) who want to pass on their show skiing legacy to the next generation.

From Orlando we drove to the town of Winter Haven which took us only a little over an hour. The show was held on beautiful Lake Silver which is a natural freshwater lake adjacent to Martin Luther King, Jr. Park. We arrived there just before 6 pm but it took us some time finding parking space so missed the pre-show. However, by the time we got ourselves seated on the lawn overlooking the lake the regular show was about to begin.

The place was crowded with people, I think most of them residents from nearby towns in central Florida, all taking advantage of the free admission which is quite rare here in the US.

There was a Master of Ceremonies who did a good job of introducing the skiers before and after each performance. He also gave a running commentary as the skiers flashed by on the lake doing their aquatic stunts and displays. Another unique feature was that all of them skied right up to the lake's shore after each presentation to greet and acknowledge the cheers of the spectators.

I believe the skiers were both seasoned professionals and young amateur trainees, but I must say all of them gave their best in an excellent show. Needless to say, their skiing skills on the water were very much appreciated by all those present who gave a hearty round of applause after each event.

The show is held on the third Saturday of every month, and as mentioned above, it is completely free. However, it is advisable to bring your own lawn chairs or blankets to sit on the grass. Light refreshments and snacks, such as hot dogs, popcorn, hamburgers and soft drinks are available at reasonable prices.

There is a short mid-show intermission during which time donations (optional) are collected which I thought was a small token to pay for such a superb water concert.
Water skiers on Lake Silver give a…
Entrance to park where the water s…
Spectators watching the water ski …
Flyer ad for Water ski show
Cho says:
Thank you, Em and many thanks also for all the smiles and comments on my photos. They are much appreciated!
Posted on: Nov 26, 2015
EmEm says:
Interesting show and great review, Cho! All five stars from me!
Posted on: Nov 26, 2015
Cho says:
Bill, yes I enjoyed the show very much. I'd like to see the Santa Claus one too, should be a jolly good show!
Posted on: Oct 23, 2015