114 Wisut Kasat Road, Bangkok, Thailand

Wat Intharawihan Bangkok Reviews

realrv6 realrv6
Worth to visit Aug 19, 2009
First of all we wanted to visit Wat Phra Kaeo. We arrived there but it was closed. A guard told us to visit “The Big Buddha” until Wat Phra Kaeo opens.

So we arrived at Wat Intharawihan and the first thing we saw was that huge statue of the Buddha. It was 32 meter high and all decorated with glass mosaics and gold. I heard that it took more than 50 years to decorate the whole statue.

The temple was not that big, but there we saw many people praying and many monks too. It was an extremely calm place and not many tourists around (better this way).
cax cax
Impressive monument! May 19, 2008
This 32 meter high Budha monument which is located at the Wat Inthrawihan temple at the northern edge of Banglamphu, is an impressive experience.

There's not much more in the temple then the giant Budha but that's acctually enough. It's an impressive sight and the whole place has a higher spirit about it as several Thai's express their belifs here.

Wat Intharawihan is not a MUST DO, but a nice place to spend some time if you have a gap in your intinary.
Wat Intharawihan
The giant Budha monument at Wat In…
tazmania tazmania
Wat Intharawihan Aug 20, 2005
Wat Intharawihan (also spelled Wat Indravihan), this temple is well known for a huge standing Buddha image called "Luang Pho To" which 32 metres tall (108.99 feet) and 10 metres and 24 inches wide (40.09 feet)

The topknot of the Buddha image contains a relic of Lord Buddha brought from Sri Lanka.

Wat Intharawihan was built during the reign of King Mong-Kut(Rama IV) and finished 60 years later in the reign of King Rama VII. The whole stature was covered with 24K golden mosaics from Italy.

The temple is open to the public every day and admission is free.
Luang Pho To
tazmania says:
yes, I can :)
Posted on: Aug 30, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Wat Intharawihan

Wat Suthat, Wat Intharawihan & Wat Po
Here are photos of three of the temples I went to see Wat Suthat, Wat Intharawihan & Wat Po.  Bangkok has over 700 Buddhist temples, I saw about 8 of them.  These were the ones I picked…Intharawihan & Wat Po.  Bangkok has over 700 Buddhist temples, I saw about 8 of them.  These were…

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals