Wasur National Park

Merauke, Indonesia

Wasur National Park Merauke Reviews

inikeke inikeke
The higher than me ANT-NEST; Musamus in WASUR National Park Aug 16, 2007
A giant ants house locally called MUSAMUS, is easy to find along the way in Wasur National Park, Merauke, Papua. It was awesome for me to see these tiny creatures could build that high houses; made from soil that are built for years, mounted from the ground and could reach 4-5 meters high. and possible to be higher by years. I ever read in NG, it's like if humans build a building with some kilometers high.. :D *impossible, isn't it?*

anyway, I took a great infra-red picture from an Indonesian photographer here, put it beside my veeerrrrryyyy modest shot.. :p

nb. the National Park ticket is cheap, but the flight to go to Merauke from Jakarta is so damn expensive :((
taken from http://www.jpgmag.com/p…
me and one of the Musamus
b0cah says:
musamus isn't ants nest, its an termites nest, for further information please check http://b0cah.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=693&Itemid=44 thanks
Posted on: Dec 19, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Wasur National Park

Going back to Jakarta with miracle and surprise + SUMMARY
on Sunday morning, there was no confirmation yet whether we would get the seats or won’t; 18 participants were waiting in the airport for an hour and half, wishing to send back to Jakarta soon ^^…Merauke city by bus Wasur National Park 13 km from Merauke city 1-2 hour by 4 wheel vehicle Office…

Check Merauke Hotel Deals