Washington Park Arboretum

2300 Arboretum Drive E, Seattle, WA, USA
Washington Park Arboretum - I must admit that Angie is better at swings than I am. My childhood memories, where I was king of the playground, are slightly diminished.
Washington Park Arboretum - A pretty pond with ducks.

Washington Park Arboretum Seattle Reviews

X_Drive X_Drive
Jul 24, 2007
As part of the Washington Park Arboretum in downtown Seattle this three and one-half acre formal garden presents a beautiful Japanese Garden. It was designed and constructed under the supervision of world renowned Japanese garden designer Juki Iida in 1960. It is very well-maintained and includes some of the nicest Koi you will find anywhere. It has been rated as one of the top ten Japanese Gardens of the United States. There is a small fee for entry, at the time we were there it was $5 for adults and $3 for students and seniors. We were there in mid summer so there were very few flowers in bloom, but all of the gardens were green and lush and very clean. A very nice experience.
X_Drive says:
Thanks for all the great comments which made me a "featured critic". I do appreciate it. :)
ewooce says:
Nice park - congrats! Being featured is good! ;)
SoloSister says:
Looks very serene.
Just what I need after a day at the office :)
Eric Eric
Aug 24, 2005
I think every city should have a natural place where people can easily escape to when the stress and congestion of city life gets to be too much. Spread over 230 acres, and not too far of a drive from downtown, the arboretum fulfills this role. Angie and I just wandered around the tree and flower-lined paths at random, every once in a while rounding a bend and happliy discovering a small pond filled with ducks or a beautiful, sun-lit copse of trees. Best of all, they have a swing set next to the Japanese Rose Garden. Man, if you haven't played on swings since you were in elementary school, you're missing out. You might be laughing at me now, but I guarantee once you feel the rush of speed and weightlessness as really get going on the swing, you'll become a happy convert.Another thing that I would recommend is to stop by the visitor's center, or call in ahead of time, to best plan when you are going to make your visit. A lot of flowers and gardens only bloom at certain times of the year, so to get the best experience you want to arrive when there is plenty to see.
A pretty pond with ducks.
Watch out for the trees! One branc…
I must admit that Angie is better …

Check Seattle Hotel Deals