Washington, D.C.

Washington, District of Columbia

Washington, D.C. Reviews

lparisya lparisya
Sep 25, 2007
I would recommend seeing Maya Lin's Vietnam Veteran's Memorial. Here is what she had to say about the war:

“the politics had eclipsed the veterans, their service and their lives.”

The memorial is comprised of three components: the Wall of names, the Three Servicemen Statue and Flagpole, and the Vietnam Women's Memorial.

Information:

Hours:

Open Daily

8 a.m. to midnight

Closed: Dec. 25

Location:

Bacon Drive & Constitution Ave.

Metro:

Foggy Bottom

Facilities:

Bookstore, Restrooms, Concessions

Park Information:

202.426.6841

Chinatown, Washington, D.C.

This neighborhood developed in the 1930s and has a fascinating history. It's located east of downtown, and has a handful of ethnic Chinese and Asian restaurants. Chinese businesses are located along H and I streets and between 5th and 8th streets. I would recommend you see the Friendship Arch, which is a gate built over H and 7th Streets. It makes for some nice photo ops.

The easiest way to get to Chinatown is to take the metro and get off at the Gallery Place-Chinatown station.

Other attractions I recommend are:

Botanical Gardens

National Air and Space Museum

National Gallery of Art

Newseum & Freedom Park

Smithsonian Institution
djinn88 says:
Take a day or two to walk the whole section known as "The Mall," it has all of the museums which are free and you can see most of the federal buildings while on that strip. Other than that, I know nothing of D.C.
Posted on: Sep 26, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Washington, D.C.

Saturday and Sunday
My friend Crystal and her friend Penny organized a barbecue at Penny's place. Penny is renting a 9-acre house in Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA, about 1.5 hours from Washington, D. C. A lot of peopl…Washington, D. C. A lot of people didn't want to make the long drive, but a few hearty…
Searching for Saki and walking along Slovensko Beach
Up and out by 7:40, I headed to Slavija Square but, got myself confused……as I always do concerning Slavija Square. I did make it to the JAT bus just in time to make the 8:00, as I wanted.  I…Washington D. C. I tried to stop him and explain the placement of Louisiana. He didn’t understand. From…
Day 1: And... I'm off!
I arranged a 3:00 am Super Shuttle ride to the airport. I don't like crowds, so I prefer to get as early a start as possible - 'carpe diem' and all that sort of thing. I'm just beginning to travel …Washington, D. C. I immediately felt a weight I didn't realize existed drop away when I arrived at the place…

Check Washington Hotel Deals