Wasai Tambopata Lodge

Check Tambopata Hotel Deals

Wasai Tambopata Lodge Reviews

sUrAbUyA sUrAbUyA
WasaiTambopata Lodge Nov 16, 2010
I stayed at this lodge on a tour of the Peruvian jungle.

It was quite an experience arriving there from Puerto Maldonado by boat.

The individual cabins are all furnished in teak and are clean and well cared for. However the electricity is only by generator for 4 hours each night. Candles are provided and flash lights recommended. Each cabin has a breezy porch with a hammock (and a place to leave the tour provided rubber boots needed on some treks)

I spent every free moment in my hammock until I had my 15 minutes of fame when a huge tarantula was spotted in the thatch roof of my porch. Other tourists as well as employees came running with their cameras!

The dining and common areas are also all wood and the food is good and some examples of local cooking are served at times. Many nature programs and hikes and bot trips are included.

The tour also includes at stay at the companies lodge in the town of Puerto Maldonado with a trip by boat on the Madre de Dios River.

The lodge is a fun destination just in itself!
My porch
Me in my hammock BT (Before Taran…
My celebrity guest

Related Travel Blogs About Wasai Tambopata Lodge

The Amazon Rainforest
Today we board yet another plane for a half an hour flight to Puerto Maldonado on our way to the Amazon Rainforest. In this village, the common means of transportation is by motorcycle, which often i…Tambopata Reserve and the Wasai Lodge. Along the way as we see the smoke in the horizon, we confirm…

Check Tambopata Hotel Deals