Level 1A, McLean, VA, USA
www.wasabisushi.com - (703) 388-0646
Wasabi - Chicken Potstickers
Wasabi - Rainbow Rolls
Wasabi - California Rolls
Wasabi - Wasabi in Tyson's Corner Center. Note the sushi conveyor belt.
Wasabi - Eel Nigri

Wasabi McLean Reviews

Andy99 Andy99
Sushi in the round at Wasabi Jan 23, 2012
Monday was my birthday, and so I took the day off. Where to go for lunch? I'd seen Wasabi in the middle of Tyson's Corner Center shopping mall and had been intrigued. Here was an opportunity to try it!

Wasabi's gimmick is that the sushi goes by your table on a conveyor belt and you select what you want. Très japonais, no?

I settled into by my seat and oriented myself as the plates of sushi paraded by. I asked the waiter about the procedure. Guests order beverages and hot selections from the waiter. Then, guests are free to select as many of the various sushi plates as desired. Each plate (include hot items delivered to the table) are color coded for price, ranging from $2.50 to $5. So, be careful not to take too much! At the end of the meal, the waiter will tally the color coded plates on your table on the bill.

I ordered Chicken Potstickers (Gyoza) from the waiter to start. Then, I selected a plate of California Rolls, Rainbow Rolls, and Eel Nigri from the conveyor.

I enjoy sushi, but am not a connoisseur. I thought the sushi at Wasabi, while good, was average. I liked the sushi served aboard Carnival cruise ships and at the reinvented Young Chow on Capitol Hill much better. I would come here mainly for the conveyor gimmick. There is also a location in downtown Washington, DC.
Wasabi in Tyson's Corner Center. N…
Chicken Potstickers
Rainbow Rolls
Eel Nigri
spocklogic says:
Vance (Vances) was telling me he used to go to Sushi Taro near Dupont Circle a lot when he worked in Georgetown back in '98. Seemed to think it a good place too.
Posted on: Jan 25, 2012
missandrea81 says:
Oh. Wish I could try this!

Andy, check out Akasaka in Alexandria. You'll like it!

Posted on: Jan 25, 2012