Wasabi

Podmaniczky utca 21 , Budapest, Hungary
Wasabi - Wasabi running sushi
Wasabi - I hate the sticks to be honest..
Wasabi - balls
Wasabi - A selection of teriaki food !
Wasabi - miso soup
Wasabi - assorted sushi

Wasabi Budapest Reviews

Stigen Stigen
Calling all sushi lovers ! Aug 27, 2011
I love Wasabi. For 4 years I lived just a stone throw away from the main Wasabi restaurant in Budapest. There are now 4 restaurants in the city, but most of them are quite a distance from the centre. .

Wasabi is as far as I know the only "running" sushi in Budapest. "running" means that there is a conveyer belt of allsorts of different sushi pieces going past your table. This is a simple concept, but brings great joy!

I have been going to many sushi restaurants over the years , but Wasabi tends to be the one I always return to. the suhshi here is second to none really. .

They have all types of Nigri, Mashimi, Gunkun and maki sushi ( and lots of other types). You can go there and order a boxset , one and one sushi , or the running sushi. On the conveyer belt there will be all types of sushis , and also many small portion teriyaki meals. There are also lots of desert portions, fruits, fried meats and even some japanese drinks.

If you are a small girl the sushi boxes may provide better value then the running sushi.

There is not time limit on the running sushi , so if you are a few people you can easily sit there for 3 hours and let the sushi sink before starting up again. Last time I was there I overdid it a bit. The problem is that the apetite is way stronger then the satiety, so even though my stomach was full and screaming at me to stop eating , I just kept going.

It is like the fat man in Monthy Python who knows he shouldn't have that wafer-thin mint , but still goes for it.

It is the first time I have come genuinly close to vomiting from over-eating. There's no limits to the decadence of this place !

When you go here remember to stock up on wasabi paste, ginger and soy sauce , as these are the 3 pillars of a good sushi meal as far as I am concerned. These things are complimentray when taking on a running sushi.

The downside is that this is probably one of the most expensive places in the city to go for a meal. A running sushi season with a drink will come to around 7500 forints , which is about 25£.

Still not too much for any western european, but in Budapest that can amount to a weeks salary for the regular joe.
assorted sushi
Wasabi running sushi
A selection of teriaki food !
I hate the sticks to be honest..
hayley_phoon says:
Well Done, congratulation on your review,it's fantastic
nyprne says:
Congratulations on your featured review! I love sushi!
montecarlostar says:
Hey Stig, congrats on the well deserved feature!

Check Budapest Hotel Deals