Warung Downtown

+62 81 239 283 95

Warung Downtown Sanur Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Lovely! Aug 02, 2012
There are so many eateries in Sanur, so it´s difficult to choose. I had walked by Warung Downtown at lunch time the day before. It looked nice and they had free WIFI (which worked very well). Since the WIFI in my hotel worked very slowly or not at all, this was a good way to catch up with the world.

I looked at the menu by the entrance and found several things that I liked, so I went inside. It´s the same menu for both lunch and dinner. They offer starters, soup, salads, jaffel, sandwiches, pasta, steak, seafood, curry and Indonesian specialities.

The restaurant was not very big, which made it more personal. The interior was the typical Balinese style. Cream coloured walls and dark wooden furniture. Very tasteful! The service was excellent. The two waitresses were very friendly, sweet and helpful. They always smiled, a smile that came from the heart.

I´m a great fish lover, so I ended up ordering Mahi mahi on lemon butter topped with white and black pepper served with steamed rice. It was to die for! The presentation of the food was very inviting and the taste excellent. The fish had just the right amount of pepper and it was very juicy. I could almost have eaten two servings. For dessert I had the fruit platter. I´m not a great fan of papaya, but that was not a problem. In no time it was switched to mango, my favourite.

I really liked Warung Downtown, so I went back on another occasion as well. The second time I had the Red snapper skewer with ratatouille, steamed rice and Balinese sauce. Another great meal!

I can highly recommend Warung Downtown. It´s not a gourmet restaurant, but a charming place, which serves great food by lovely staff. I can´t wait to eat there again.

Opening hours are 10 am – 11 pm
Mahi mahi on lemon butter topped w…
Fresh fruit platter
Mango juice
Red snapper skewer with ratatouill…

Check Sanur Hotel Deals