Warsaw City Tour

Warsaw City Tour - Pawiak Prison

Warsaw City Tour Reviews

Airportman Airportm…
Hop on/off bus to tour Warsaw Sep 20, 2010
I took the Warsaw City Tour Bus for 60 zloty (around 15 euros or around 22 US dollars). The ticket was valid for 1 day.

The bus took me to or close to the major sites and attractions in and around the city center, in a drive that lasted about 2 hours. Some of the sites are: The Old Town (Stare Miasto), Pawiak Museum, Umschlagplatz, Arkadia Shopping Mall, Palace of Culture and Science and Lazienkowski Park.

During the ride, I could listen to the general information which was given to me by a speaker. I got complementary headphones upon buying a ticket. There are several languages you can choose to listen to.

The great thing about this bus tour, was that I had the opportunity to hop on and off the bus on 26 different locations. I got on the bus at the main get on/off point, which is at the Zacheta Gallery.

This allowed me to view the area I wanted got off, at my own pace. In the end I didn't do that, as my supposed plan wasn't what I had intended to be.

Nonetheless, it was a convenient way to tour the city. The price is a bit high, but in my opinion it will save time if you have a short time in Warsaw and you want to see as much as possible, so this will be a good way to save travel time.

One important note: the bus I took was a yellow double decker bus. There is also a red double decker bus, which is called City Sightseeing Warsaw.

You can recognize the hop on/off locations by the company logo on the bus stops through the route. At the tourist information point at the Palace of Culture and Science, you can get a map and more information about this tour.
The Old Town
Monument to the Warsaw Uprising
Pawiak Prison
Arkadia Shopping Mall
Airportman says:
Thanks!
Posted on: Oct 12, 2011
Airportman says:
Only stopping at it briefly for people to get on/off
Posted on: Oct 11, 2011
monoli says:
seriously they are taking you to the shopping center as one of the Warsaw's main attractions?
Posted on: Oct 11, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Warsaw City Tour

Warsaw City tour
We booked a city tour of Warsaw from the hotel tour counter. The tour leader showed up on time and together with a few tourists and we explored the town. We followed the Royal Route and visited Presi…city tour of Warsaw from the hotel tour counter. The tour leader showed up on time and together with…
Warsaw, Poland - May 2006 - check out city and Free Time
Get up this morning and have  a powerhouse breakfast in the hotel of polish sausages and bacon and eggs. Then get into our group and tour city of Warsaw.A very cool day, Warsaw rules! This morn…tour city of Warsaw. A very cool day, Warsaw rules! This morning started off with a Contiki city
A reconstructed city
Wakeup-7am, breakfast-7:45 and departure at 8:30 for a city tour of Warsaw. Breakfast at the hotel was a buffet and crowded with lots of pushy people and quite unpleasant, well at least for me. It go…city tour of Warsaw. Breakfast at the hotel was a buffet and crowded with lots of pushy people and quite…

Check Warsaw Hotel Deals