Wang-Fu

06196/9502588

Wang-Fu Bad Soden am Taunus Reviews

dahling dahling
Chinese - Mongolian - The sister of Osaka Jan 20, 2009
A very large Chinese / Mongolian Restaurant with very nice staff. If is located on the second floor so to speak, so you can look out when you sit by the window.

Even though I am not a fan of buffet food at all, I went along and thought I give it a try.

The buffet was set up very nicely, one side had prepared chinese dishes on it, as well as apetizers and soup. The other side of the buffet had raw veggies, meat, and fish. 3 different kinds of fish, which I thought was great.

I had my soup - always have to have my soup, which was good. Then I tried some beef and veggie mix and finally the mongolian BBQ. I did as was directed, shoveled some veggies that I like and some lamb on my plate and put my dish in line with the other dishes. I thought it was a neat idea, that only my plate has to wait in line. Oh, I forgot the sauce. Now, how do I know what sauce I like when I have no idea what the sauces taste like. I look around for a small spoon or something like that - and how much sauce to I add anyways? When the food arrives at the table I think - oh yeahhhh - my kind of food, very very hot. I like my food steaming. I seriously dislike when it is even partially cool, probably the reason I do not like buffet, the stuff is always far from hot. But, then I notice.. where is the rice. Ah, the dilemma.. get up and get rice and let the food get cold in the mean time or eat without rice - I decide for hot food. The taste was very good, I was lucky to have picked a sauce I liked. The meat was very tough. Lamb is not suited to be just fried in hot oil for a few minutes. Or it is not suited to be slaughered at a very old age. Either way, next time I will try the beef.

Altogether the mongolian BBQ is another one of those "in" things, but it is not a must-have. To me, the chinese places I have been to are all pretty much the same, except for the Ginger (located down the street) Nevertheless, if I was in the mood for Mongolian BBQ , I would go here again.

The good things is - they do have a menu as well and obviously the food must be authentic, as there were many Japanese people there on their lunch break.

Another nice thing... if you buy 12 meals over 18 Euro, you get one for free. Great for the people that live in the area at least.

Compare Bad Soden Hotel Rates (1.5km away)

Wang-Fu Map