Wanderers Inn East New York

Wanderers Inn East New York Rates and Deals

Wanderers Inn East New York Reviews

piercek7 piercek7
Nov 29, 2007
We decided to stay at a hostel on my first trip to New York City. I decided on the Wanderers Inn because it was decently priced and it didn't have a minimum of 2 night stay. I stayed in the 10 girl dorm which was actually pretty nice. The beds were clean as well as the bathroom and shower. It has two floors of a Brownstone and is well taken care of. The staff was very helpful, and nice. It was nicely located near a subway station and two 24 hour parking garages. The area surrounding the hostel was safe and clean which was important because my friends and I were walking everywhere. It was decently priced at about $25 a night for a 10 person dorm. I would recommend staying here if you are looking for cheap accomodations in one of the greatest cities I have ever been to.
melizzle melizzle
Jun 04, 2006
Wanderer's Inn is an average hostel. I paid $104 for four nights (including bed taxes). The location is very close to a subway station and it's in a pretty safe neighborhood. I stayed in a room with 8 beds (mixed). The bedrooms were relatively clean. Even though I went during then end of winter, the heaterwas always in full blast in the hostel! It was nice and toasty. The bathrooms were tiny! There's a big one on the second floor, but it's always taken in the morning. Also, there were small cockroaches, which is kind of disgusting. I'm used to bigger, unflinching cockroaches, so I didn't mind as much. There is internet that one can use, but I forget how many quarters you need to put in. Honestly, if you have a laptop I would suggest that you go to a coffeeshop instead or other places that provide free internet connection (I was going to try to go to the Central Library, but wasn't sure how long the sign-up would take). Going back to the hostel, they provided breakfast, which was ample. Watered down powdered orange juice (Tang... ooh yeah), milk (until it runs out), coffee, a variety of bagels and muffins, and cereal, as well as some fruits were provided. I would suggest that you wake up early (I think they start having the food out at 8) in case there are a lot of people who are inconsiderate and eat more than their share. Also, the kitchen/common room is closed from midnight till 7 or 8 in the morning. I think they had events some times like pizza night on Wednesday or Tuesday, but I'm not really sure because I went somewhere else that night. They're also not too strict about leaving your luggage, as long as you pick it up within 24 hours. I'm not too picky so I wouldn't mind staying here again.

Check Wanderers Inn East Rates and Deals