TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 569,863 travelers just like you!

WalterC
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Walter
Hometown: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Join Date: May 8, 2008
Contributions: WalterC has written about 286 places, shared 6,247 photos, left 9,526 comments, and smiled 63,355 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Travel Plans
England, UK
Apr 18, 2015 – Apr 21, 2015
For the London meetup, and possibly to Bath and Stonehenge.
Denmark
Apr 22, 2015 – Apr 27, 2015
Copenhagen and possibly Odense
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, can only read Korean
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
1992 - Zurich, Switzerland - my first visit ever to Europe, and the first time I actually appreciated travel. I was 15 years old at the time.

1998 - New Orleans - my first solo trip

2000 - Montreal - my first solo trip outside the US

2008 - first time meeting TBers in Minnesota, Midwest road trip (Detroit, Chicago, Iowa, Minnesota)

2009 - St. Louis, Colorado, San Francisco

2010 - Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Hungary, Slovakia, Austria

2011 - Czech Republic, Poland, Chicago (for sister's wedding), Smokies (reconnect with personal history), Atlanta, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Slovenia

2012 - Disney World, Milwaukee, Chicago, Los Angeles (first TB Meet-up ever), South Korea

2013 - Florida, Texas

2014 - Montreal, Malaysia, Cambodia
Profile
Hoping to visit all 30 stadiums in Major League Baseball, and some minor league ones along the way. So far, 15 down, 15 to go.

When not traveling, I just work for the most part, living a pretty boring life.
pyrgos says:
Thank you very much Walter! :D
Posted on: Mar 31, 2015
vances says:
Thank you, Walter. Looks like you won a MHHR too? Doesn't look that way from my view of TB...but the comments below suggest otherwise. I'm so confused!

:^)
Posted on: Mar 30, 2015
FoxyFauz says:
Congrats on the MHHR award!!! Well done!
Posted on: Mar 30, 2015

WalterC's Travel Blogs

Mar 28, 2014 – Mar 31, 2014
My trip to Canada in 2014. I visited Montreal and Quebec City in March.
Overview 3,620 words 215 99 877
This blog was featured on Tuesday November 18th, 2014
May 08, 2008 – Dec 19, 2013
Highlighting some of the things to do in the "City of Brotherly Love", as well as the meet-ups with TBers who come here, and an…
Overview 5,061 words 310 104 931
This blog was featured on Saturday September 28th, 2013
Sep 26, 2013 – Sep 30, 2013
My trip to Texas in September 2013. I visited Dallas and Houston, mainly to see the baseball stadiums. Plus a short side tri…
Overview 3,941 words 287 46 599
This blog was featured on Monday March 3rd, 2014

WalterC's Travel Reviews

Expensive "Sights & Attractions" in Siem Reap, Cambodia
The Angkor National Museum has a huge collection of Khmer artifacts that have been found around …
This review was featured on Friday March 27th, 2015
Cheap "Hotels & Accommodations" in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Located in KLIA2 (KL’s second terminal), the Capsule By Container Hotel is a very unique hotel…
Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Penang, Malaysia
Located near the Kapitan Keling Mosque and close to Little India, the Han Jiang Ancestral Temple…
Updated 11 days ago