TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 684,052 travelers just like you!

WalterC
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Walter
Hometown: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Join Date: May 8, 2008
Contributions: WalterC has written about 501 places, shared 12,860 photos, left 12,512 comments, and smiled 79,988 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Travel Plans
Mount Vernon, Virginia, USA
Aug 24, 2017 – Aug 24, 2017
To see home of GW.
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Aug 25, 2017 – Aug 26, 2017
Return to visit aquarium.
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Sep 12, 2017 – Sep 16, 2017
Dates are not exact!
» see all 12 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, can only read Korean
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
1992 - Zurich, Switzerland - my first visit ever to Europe, and the first time I actually appreciated travel. I was 15 years old at the time.

1998 - New Orleans - my first solo trip

2000 - Montreal - my first solo trip outside the US

2008 - first time meeting TBers in Minnesota, Midwest road trip (Detroit, Chicago, Iowa, Minnesota)

2009 - St. Louis, Colorado, San Francisco

2010 - Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Hungary, Slovakia, Austria

2011 - Czech Republic, Poland, Chicago (for sister's wedding), Smokies (reconnect with personal history), Atlanta, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Slovenia

2012 - Disney World, Milwaukee, Chicago, Los Angeles (first TB Meet-up ever), South Korea

2013 - Florida, Texas

2014 - Montreal, Malaysia, Cambodia

2015 - England, Denmark, Midwest (Cleveland, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Chicago), Minnesota
Profile
Hoping to visit all 30 stadiums in Major League Baseball, and some minor league ones along the way. So far, 18 down, 12 to go.

When not traveling, I just work for the most part, living a pretty boring life.
trippin_jen says:
Thanks Walter! How's it going over there?
Posted on: Aug 22, 2017
joseph98 says:
Cool, enjoy! I'm good as well, enjoying summer vacation from school before having to return in a couple of weeks, and planning some future trips - Poland next! Have fun in Baltimore, DC and Boston!
Posted on: Aug 21, 2017
cotton_foam says:
Hahaha!! That's alright, Walter! I'm just being silly. I can only afford to write that because I already met you!! Honestly, though, I just don't want you to miss seeing how beautiful the most recent town we visited as a family! :))

That is wonderful that some trips are coming up along! Hey, have you been to Alaska? Or Seattle? If you have plans in the future, do let me know! Maybe, I could join you!!

Well, stay healthy ok? Remember to stash some first-aid pills if ever. Take care! ~ May
Posted on: Aug 20, 2017

WalterC's Travel Blogs

May 02, 2017 – May 06, 2017
My last-minute trip to Las Vegas! This was a trip with my mom and grandmother. …
Overview 4,099 words 229 27 437
This blog was featured on Sunday June 4th, 2017
May 08, 2008 – Mar 17, 2017
Highlighting some of the things to do in the "City of Brotherly Love", as well as the meet-ups with TBers who come here, and an…
Overview 10,631 words 1,215 207 2,374
This blog was featured on Saturday September 28th, 2013
Sep 27, 1996 – Jan 01, 2017
This blog is mainly about my trips within the state of Pennsylvania. It does not include Philadelphia, which has its own sep…
Overview 6,943 words 695 192 1,522
This blog was featured on Sunday October 27th, 2013

WalterC's Travel Reviews

Free! "Sights & Attractions" in New York, New York, USA
Central Park is an urban park that was created by Frederick Law Olmsted, for New Yorkers to enjo…
This review was featured on Thursday July 13th, 2017
Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Trenton, New Jersey, USA
Located across the street from the New Jersey State House, the New Jersey World War II Memorial …
Cheap "Sights & Attractions" in Trenton, New Jersey, USA
The Old Barracks Museum is a 2-part attraction, that was used to house soldiers during the colon…
Updated 1 month ago