TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 632,038 travelers just like you!

WalterC
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Walter
Hometown: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Join Date: May 8, 2008
Contributions: WalterC has written about 393 places, shared 9,917 photos, left 11,492 comments, and smiled 75,359 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Travel Plans
South Korea
dream destination
need to see more of the mother country
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, can only read Korean
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
1992 - Zurich, Switzerland - my first visit ever to Europe, and the first time I actually appreciated travel. I was 15 years old at the time.

1998 - New Orleans - my first solo trip

2000 - Montreal - my first solo trip outside the US

2008 - first time meeting TBers in Minnesota, Midwest road trip (Detroit, Chicago, Iowa, Minnesota)

2009 - St. Louis, Colorado, San Francisco

2010 - Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Hungary, Slovakia, Austria

2011 - Czech Republic, Poland, Chicago (for sister's wedding), Smokies (reconnect with personal history), Atlanta, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Slovenia

2012 - Disney World, Milwaukee, Chicago, Los Angeles (first TB Meet-up ever), South Korea

2013 - Florida, Texas

2014 - Montreal, Malaysia, Cambodia

2015 - England, Denmark, Midwest (Cleveland, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Chicago), Minnesota
Profile
Hoping to visit all 30 stadiums in Major League Baseball, and some minor league ones along the way. So far, 18 down, 12 to go.

When not traveling, I just work for the most part, living a pretty boring life.
ilovenewjersey says:
Thanks again, Walter :)
Posted on: May 24, 2016
Vikram says:
Thanks so much walter!
Posted on: May 23, 2016
Zagnut66 says:
Thanks for the smiles, Walter! I like your idea of touring the state capitals. I've lived in Virginia for over twenty years and have never been to the state capital in Richmond. I will have to put that on my list.
Posted on: May 23, 2016

WalterC's Travel Blogs

May 08, 2008 – Mar 06, 2016
Highlighting some of the things to do in the "City of Brotherly Love", as well as the meet-ups with TBers who come here, and an…
Overview 7,757 words 783 163 1,567
This blog was featured on Saturday September 28th, 2013
Sep 27, 1996 – Feb 28, 2016
This blog is mainly about my trips within the state of Pennsylvania. It does not include Philadelphia, which has its own sep…
Overview 2,745 words 228 92 546
This blog was featured on Sunday October 27th, 2013
Sep 23, 2015 – Sep 28, 2015
My trip to Minnesota in September 2015. I would visit the Twin Cities and Duluth, seeing the baseball stadium, zoos, and mee…
Overview 6,291 words 579 96 1,238
This blog was featured on Saturday December 12th, 2015

WalterC's Travel Reviews

Very cheap "Sights & Attractions" in Norristown, Pennsylvania, USA
Located outside of Philadelphia, the Elmwood Park Zoo is a small zoo in the town of Norristown, …
Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
A recent addition to the Christmas scene in Philly, the Comcast Holiday Spectacular is a musical…
Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Located along the Ben Franklin Parkway, the Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul is a Cat…
Updated 10 hours ago