TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 550,194 travelers just like you!

WalterC
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Walter
Hometown: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Join Date: May 8, 2008
Contributions: WalterC has written about 274 places, shared 6,060 photos, left 9,089 comments, and smiled 56,595 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, can only read Korean
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
1992 - Zurich, Switzerland - my first visit ever to Europe, and the first time I actually appreciated travel. I was 15 years old at the time.

1998 - New Orleans - my first solo trip

2000 - Montreal - my first solo trip outside the US

2008 - Minneapolis - first time meeting TBers

2012 - Los Angeles - first TB Meet-up ever

Profile
Hoping to visit all 30 stadiums in Major League Baseball, and some minor league ones along the way. So far, 10 down, 20 to go.

When not traveling, I just work for the most part, living a pretty boring life.
Vikram says:
Thanks for all the smiles on the French Riviera blog. And looks like a lot of lessons have been learnt from the whole photo experience. Yes, as a rule, I never insert my flash drive or anything else to a 'strange' computer, much less something as exposed as a hostel's. Oh well, good luck for the future!
Posted on: Dec 17, 2014
Vikram says:
Sad to hear about that. Which is why I always advise one to get a Cloud or Dropbox account.
Posted on: Dec 16, 2014
Vikram says:
Walter, belated thanks for your smiles on my France blog. How r u doing? can't wait to start reading about your Malaysia trip!
Posted on: Dec 15, 2014

WalterC's Travel Blogs

Mar 28, 2014 – Mar 31, 2014
My trip to Canada in 2014. I visited Montreal and Quebec City in March.
Overview 3,620 words 215 98 876
This blog was featured on Tuesday November 18th, 2014
May 08, 2008 – Dec 19, 2013
Highlighting some of the things to do in the "City of Brotherly Love", as well as the meet-ups with TBers who come here, and an…
Overview 5,061 words 310 104 931
This blog was featured on Saturday September 28th, 2013
Sep 26, 2013 – Sep 30, 2013
My trip to Texas in September 2013. I visited Dallas and Houston, mainly to see the baseball stadiums. Plus a short side tri…
Overview 3,941 words 287 46 599
This blog was featured on Monday March 3rd, 2014

WalterC's Travel Reviews

Very cheap "Hostels" in Montreal, Canada
Located about a block from the bus station and the Berri-UQAM Metro station, the Montreal Centra…
Very cheap "Sights & Attractions" in Montreal, Canada
Located in Vieux-Montreal area, the Basilique Notre-Dame de Montreal (Notre-Dame Basilica of Mon…
Very cheap "Sights & Attractions" in Quebec City, Canada
Located in the Old Town of Quebec City, and next door to the Cathedral-Basilica of Notre-Dame de…
Updated 1 month ago