Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin

Check Lake Buena Vista Hotel Deals

Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Lake Buena Vista Reviews

jenniparks jennipar…
Apr 15, 2007
We stayed at the Swan Resort on the Disney property. Very lovely landscaping and a beautiful hotel. However, looks are deceiving.

We checked into the hotel (which does NOT have free shuttle service from the airport; an amenity that would be expected for the expensive cost of the hotel).

The first day we relaxed in the outdoor hot tub. It was after hours, but a woman working for the hotel said we were fine to swim as long as we didn’t disturb other guests. The resort pool area was pretty extensive. 3 hot tubs, at least 4 pools (one grotto pool with a waterfall), and a sandy man made beach area. This was nice. We were starting to warm up to the hotel.

Tuesday after we got back to the hotel we tried to spend some time hot tubbing again but got kicked out of the pool area by a very snotty security guard who didn’t care what “that other hotel lady told” us because “she was wrong”. At this point Jon and I were NOT happy with the hotel overall. Jon griped every morning that he couldn’t believe such an expensive resort didn’t serve free continental breakfast and that ALL the amenities were nickel and dime affairs that cost extra. We did get access to the gym and free internet, but only because I was attending a business conference where the sponsor paid for those "extra" amenities for all attendees of the conference. Regular folks who were at the hotel on their own dime had to pay extra for such things.

I DID have an interesting experience Wed morning. I went to the hotel lobby bar café and got a bagel. I go into the class and sit down and pick up my bagel out of the bag the lobby café had given me. As I am putting it in my mouth THIS GIANT COCKROACH IS CRAWLING ACROSS THE BAGEL TOWARD MY FACE. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I let out a shout, disturbing the presentation and getting strange looks from my fellow attendees. I was still mad about the treatment from the security guard the day before and now this. I had it! I went to the registration desk and complained to the guy on duty. I brought him the bag with the bagel and the roach inside. He screamed like a girl when he opened it. He apologized and tried to bribe me into being happy with a $50 gift certificate to the hotel gift store. Ok, that helped a little, but I still would never stay at the Dolphin again or recommend the place to anyone.
efincher0812 says:
you should complain! Ask for a discount or something. I work in the hotel biz (temporarily of course) and if I were you, I'd take it straight the the GM. Tell him about your experience and ask him what he will do to rectify the situation. :) but that's just what I'd do....
Posted on: Dec 04, 2007
chriskicks says:
that places sounds beyond terrible...thanks for the warning...
Posted on: Dec 03, 2007

Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Overview

The heart of the Walt Disney World resort is home to the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, offering countless venues and opportunities for business and for pleasure. Those who need to be close to the downtown area for the financial, government, and commercial districts are based just a few miles from the center of it all. The Orange County Convention Center is also a short distance from the property. There are a multitude of unique shops and dining options at Downtown Disney and many other outlets. Guests are also afforded fast and easy access to Universal Studios, MGM, SeaWorld, Epcot Center, Daytona Beach, and the golf courses surrounding the property. The airport is just 25 miles from the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, and the hotel offers onsite car parking.

Each guestroom at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin offers room service, satellite television, wireless Internet access, valet laundry, and luxury bedding and bathrooms.

The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin offers seventeen separate dining and lounge venues, as well as 5 swimming pools, a huge business center, a fitness center, and waterfalls.

Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Amenities

• Fitness Facilities
  • Steam Room
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Health Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels