Orlando, Florida

Check Orlando Hotel Deals

Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel Orlando Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Disney hotel - huge! Apr 02, 2012
I was back in Orlando for a 3-day conference and the conference was this time at Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel located in the monstrous 26 square miles Disney World. I had stayed downtown Orlando the day before because I was participating in a seminar in the nearby Gaylord Palm Resort during the day. I was finished with the seminar and drove the 10 miles to the Disney area.

The Disney area is huge and it took me a while to find the right entrance, mostly due to my own lack of concentration. I drove my car up the huge entrance where an armada of young guys was ready to take care of the cars. Valet parking was 20$ per night while self-parking was 15$ per night. I therefore choose the valet parking and emptied my car. The entrance was quite impressive but the lounge and hall for the reception was enormous. There were long lines of people checking in and out and after 10 minutes I managed to meet the receptionist.

I was given a room on the 9th floor and room number 9199 and I laughed about the number until I found out that I had gotten the last room furthest away from the elevators and almost a mile away from them.

The room was really nice and I had absolutely nothing to complain about. There was a small entrance and then a large room with two large queen size beds both of the quite high as well. At the end of the room there was a small dressing room with an entrance to the bathroom. Along the whole area there was window giving great light to the space.

The room had a nice light feel to it as the furniture were light colored and the back wall was soft red and the other walls were light beige. There was a great view over a part of the Disney area and just beneath the room I had a lake and a white beach. The hotel complex was really huge and I had also view of a whole wing of the hotel with balconies overlooking the lake.

The conference center where I was going to spend my time the coming 3 days was situated in connection of the lounge area and as everything it was huge. We were almost 1000 delegates and still we didn’t look like much in the area. I found the price of the stay quite fair compared to the colleagues who were staying at the Gaylord Resort where they played more that 50 % more per night.

The valet parking guys were really nice, quick and service minded. Inside Disney the taxis are almost all from a company called Mears Transportation Group; they provided very good service every time I used then.

I had very few meals in the hotel, most of the time I was eating outside of the area. During the conference we were given sandwiches and I found them pretty boring and dry. There are loads of restaurants but I only tried one of them and it was pretty descent. When I left the place it was close to Easter and then the reception was completely full of families and their kids with huge expectations in their eyes. This is a family wonderland and not a place for solo travelers unless they are Disney freaks.
My view from the room
Chokk says:
This was my first one
Posted on: Apr 15, 2012
Glynnes says:
I luv staying at Disney hotels.
Posted on: Apr 15, 2012
annamaria45 annamari…
Nice place, nice amenities Sep 21, 2011
Really a nice place on Disney property. More of a resort than a hotel. Great transportation options to theme parks including buses/ ferry. No long wait time for either. Located rght near Epcot, Hollywood Studios and the Disney Boardwalk(walking distance to Boardwalk). Lovely pools- yes more than one. Service in the hotel was excellent. They always treat you with respect & are very pleasant to deal with. Everyone from front desk clerks to cleaning personnel were great. Lots of restaurants/ ice cream parlor /lounges on site. A bit pricey for food but if you really don't want to go out, it can be worth it- I just didn't make it a habit;) One down side- I never catch colds and the first night after sleeping there I caught one. I asked them to change the AC filter in my room because I really thought the air was stuffy in the room. The filter was really dirty. But they changed the filter no questions asked and service with a smile. Overall, I'd recommend this place...

Check Orlando Hotel Deals