Walpack Inn

Walpack, United States

Walpack Inn Reviews

tinkermountain tinkermo…
If you like to $40 a plate for mediocre food, this is your joint. Aug 19, 2009
The Walpack Inn, located on Old Mine Road in Walpack, New Jersey, in the heart of the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area is ridiculous. This old inn converted to a wannabe fine dining restaurant leaves foodies wanting. Known for the animals they bait to their big picture window, they seem to have a talent for little else. I have eaten there twice at no cost to myself and still cannot say it was worth it. With a salad bar sub par to Western Sizzlin and singular charges for refills on iced tea, I have no idea where they come off charging 30-40 dollars a plate. The food while not bad was nothing spectacular. My lobster and baked potato was overcooked and my prime rib nothing to write home about. The service while friendly was more akin to the Cracker Barrel than to a fine dining restaurant. I hate to give such a poor review but with a price tag such as this I expect a whole hell of alot more professionalism, like make my damn salad for me. It seems that you are paying for the opportunity to drive out to the middle of no where and photograph illegally baited wildlife from the safety of your table. The food was mediocre at best and way to expensive, no amount of novelty is worth $40 an entree. But I guess location is everything.
from my table at the Walpack Inn