Walker's Quay Camden

250 Camden High Street, London, United Kingdom

Walker's Quay Camden London Reviews

missandrea81 missandr…
Relaxed 90 minute canal cruise to Little Venice on the Jenny Wren Aug 07, 2013
Not sure why this was saved as a restaurant... Slow internet, won't change it now. Please forgive me.

As part of my studying the history of cultural London, I visited the Regents Canal and ended up at Camden Market.

Our group had booked a cruise on the Jenny Wren to Little Venice from the Walker's Quay company located inside the coffee shop on Camden High Street, which is also where the boat leaves from.

We boarded and seated ourselves at the back of the boat by the loo. Yes, there is a loo. ;) Might need one in the 90 minutes the roundtrip takes. You can buy drinks on the boat.

The first part is slow, since you pass through the lock at Camden Market which has to raise the boat up in order to continue toward Little Venice.

I didn't catch much of what the tour guide was saying, but I wasn't really trying either. She did have a microphone and the bits I did hear were very informative.

Along the canal you pass by the London zoo and many mansions built along the way of the quiet running water of the canal. Before reaching Little Venice the boat passes through the Maida Hill tunnel.

It's a great and relaxing 1 1/2 hours that I and the rest of my group truly enjoyed. In Little Venice the boat is turned back around and the return journey goes by much quicker as you go with the water's flow.

Recommended if you're in the area and Camden Market turns out to be too busy for you.
Canal cruise boat arriving
Jenny Wren is the one we boarded
Inside Hampstead Road Lock at Camd…
From the boat
missandrea81 says:
It really was. We had done so much walking in the days prior, so this was a great change in pace.
Posted on: Oct 16, 2013