WalkOn Inn

Check Nazca Hotel Deals

WalkOn Inn Nazca Reviews

andrejav andrejav
WalkOn Inn Mar 29, 2011
Arriving to Nasca bus station we were a bit lost because I did not check any places where to stay, but we asked few people around for nice clean affordable place, and we ended up in Walk-on Inn. Hostel is around 6 blocks from the bus station, two blocks from the main square. We decided to walk there, instead of getting small taxi cabs that were all running on gas, and had exposed gas canisters right behind passenger backs. One thing you’ll hear immediately is that every car driver has to honk his horn every 20 meters… Most ridiculous thing I have ever seen/heard… (or maybe we were there for car honking festival)

Hostel is in one of the streets behind the main square, a bit dark, but wide streets. Large gate is closed all the time, but 24h reception is right next to it and you can get in without any problems. Place was pretty empty and two of us got a room that was actually two rooms with bathroom, with total of 4 beds. Large windows are looking towards the passage/garden, and there are some kind of curtains that does not really cover light well. Beds are older but in ok condition, and we tested all till we found two that we liked. Bathroom needs some paint, love and care, but it is survivable. By the way, hostel had hot water… but it was a electrical coil device that is attached to shower head, and ours had a bit of wires exposed… Well, trying to adjust the water I got shocked a bit, learned not to touch the equipment, smiled about my good luck and took the warm water shower ...

Rooms are located on both side of corridor that has some chairs and benches, and there is also a pool, located near the entrance. It is real, good size pool with clean water… such a strange sight for area that does not get any rain. Even stranger was the situation, when I got to the pool, where there was a guy filling his bottle with pool water (there is good water from the faucet 24/7). I asked him why he is doing that, and he told me that his water cleaning equipment cleans everything and he wants to try this water…

Nasca area is incredible in every way, and there are many things to see. I am suggesting necropolis, ancient wells, Nasca drawings and sand dunes. You do not need to take tours and pay $20-30 for every place you go. Instead, talk to one of the local taxi guys and he would drive you around the place for a fraction of tour price. Seeing drawings is a great experience, but rent airplane with AC, or otherwise you’ll probably have someone puking all over your back. There is other group of drawings in the valley next to Nasca, and that is even better to see because no too many people go there.

Hostel was decent and we did not have any problems. We paid around $7 per person which was the best deal that we could find. I warmly recommend this place for sleep over and keep going.
Drawings
Getting ready to view the lines
Ancients wells