Walk in the Treetops

skiwhitefish.com - 877-SKI-FISH

Walk in the Treetops Whitefish Reviews

pamipoo7777 pamipoo7…
Great Value Adventure Aug 08, 2009
This is a must do if you visit Montana. Unfortuantely I went here on my last day there and it was pouring down rain, so the zip line was cancelled. However the "Walk in the Treetops" went on even in the weather, which made it more of an adventure. My guide was great. She was very knowledgable and a good sport to show myself and one other person around in the rain. She is a ski instructor in the winter, so if youre into skiing, I would imagine this is a great place in winter too. There was so much to do here and I would love to go back sometime. Although I didnt stay there, I noticed in the brochure that the lodging this time of year was reasonable for a resort and it may be in winter too (I don't know). It would certainly be worth checking in to.

The treetop walk consisted of being harnessed and attaching yourself to cables as you walk along a suspended bridge thru the treetops. The guide provided instructions for the trek plus gave us waist packs complete with water and granola bar (and yes, we got to keep the pack). Also provided were rain ponchos that we were allowed to keep. She pointed out plants, etc. and allowed us to stop to take photos. Because of the rain, the visablity was not great the day I went, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it, so I imagine the view on a clear day must be breathtaking.

In reading the brochure the other attractions are: zip line tour (a very long one at a low cost, I am so sad I didnt get to do this), alpine slide, mountian bike trails, scenic lift rides, convient hiking, moutaintop restaurant, shopping and miles of moutain biking, downhill biking, cross country biking, mountain bike academy for kids, 6 restaurants. I stayed in East Glacier and did a day trip to Whitefish, so Glacier National Park is close by too, although there is so much to see in Glacier that I recommend staying in that area to see the park.
spocklogic says:
That looks like a lot of fun - something different and unusual in experience. Bravo!
Posted on: Jun 21, 2011