Walk This Way (walking tour)

Manila, Philippines

Walk This Way (walking tour) Manila Reviews

TravChef TravChef
Best Performance Tour with a good way to learn the history. Feb 18, 2015
My friend who has been living 4 years in Manila has never do this tour. I visited her and we plan to do things together so she mentioned this tour to me and we agreed.

The tour guide himself name Calos Celdran is a very fairy short person yet his loud and actor-born blood sucked every interest of people in the group. The tour is not a boring kind but a performance. Calos is deeply passionate about his city (I can feel from that voice when he talked about being colonised by Spanish, then American, then Japanese and come back to belong to America again) I feel his pain he shares with his ancestors and his nations.

The tour took around 2.5 hours. After finish the Intramuros, then you have a chance to get on and ride the horse, go to the Church and taste the national snack (halo-halo)

It is really, a very entertaining and educational experience for folks from all nationalities and with all levels of knowledge (or ignorance) about the Philippines. The best tour we've ever experienced.
silan silan
Carlos Celdran walking tour Jan 06, 2009
We found this walking tour in a Lonely Planet guide book and were intrigued by the descriptions of a charismatic guide who carries a boom box on his tours. I would highly recommend taking a tour with Carlos, even if you already live in Manila! We took the "If these walls could talk" tour of Intramuros and were very impressed with the enthusiasm and personality that Carlos had with his performance. I would recommend it as a walking tour for people with ADD, as Carlos' energy keeps you on your feet and allows even the most easily distracted engrossed in the history of the area. His life and passion during the tour were evident and our large group were kept silent in attention.

For weary and tired travellers, there is actually very little walking in this tour. Rather Carlos leads you from spot to spot and continues his performance in each place.

We called ahead for reservations, however, many people just showed up at the meeting spot (locations and tour details on the website), at the time listed and joined it. We had a large group (I don't believe there is a size limit), but Carlos has a microphone so it isn't hard to hear.
Carlos Cedran walking tour of Intr…
Isabetlog Isabetlog
Apr 21, 2007
Manila isn't that exciting but for those interested in the history of the Philippines, try Carlos Celdran's Walking Tour of Historic Intramuros. He'll take you for a leisurely stroll around the streets of Old Manila for a highly perceptive yet entertaining and irreverent account of how the Philippines came to be. You'll be sure to laugh, gasp and maybe even shed a tear or two. I've taken the tour twice and highly recommend it to everyone visiting Manila. The same goes for fellow Pinoys - it's a great way to rediscover our history, better than any classroom experience, I promise.

Visit Carlos Celdran's website for detailed information on this and his many other tours happening around town. It's an incredible altenative to spending half a day at the mall. Happy, happy, joy, joy guaranteed!
Isabetlog says:
well..may asawa siya. Pero pati yung biyenan niya ay convinced na bading siya. Masaya naman silang magasawa, nagmamahalan naman sila, so pwedeng affam lang yung mama....
Posted on: Jan 30, 2008
aoisoba says:
nde ko maabutan scked nya! though mas gysto ko yung cemetery tour nya hihihihi...

at ang tanong ng bayan...bakla ba daw sya ? hahahah
Posted on: Jan 22, 2008