Walima Cafe

www.walimacafe.com - (647) 268-3327

Walima Cafe Toronto Reviews

wagslikeadog wagslike…
Excellent Authentic Moroccan Cuisine Sep 23, 2012
I was thinking about Moroccan food lately so I took a flyer at trying out this newly opened, small restaurant on Avenue Rd. It was narrow and long with about 10 tables lining the walls on vinyl padded benches. The artwork & decor were all authentic looking Marrakechi items - lanterns, tea pots, paintings, etc.

The waitress was super friendly and efficient. We got spicy olives, bread & water before ordering (in the Moroccan style) which was a nice touch. Real (recorded) Moroccan music playing. One of the staff was wearing a red fez. Nice.

The food was fantastic! We had harira and salad, chicken tagine and lamb couscous and both were really filling and tasted great. My partner had an orange blossom creme brulet for dessert that she raved about. Excellent meal all around.

Entrees around $15. Dinner for 2 with starters, entress, desserts and a pot of mint tea for 2 was $60. 100% worth it for the food and the service. Alcohol is not available.

Dimmer lighting may have been better for an evening, chilled dinner setting. It was pretty bright. More cushions along the benches would have been cool too. I'm just sayin.

In any case, I was totally satisfied and had a great casual dinner. I've been to the highly touted "Sultan's Tent" downtown, but I feel that Walima Cafe had more authentic food, presentation AND service, so check this place out if you're curious about good Moroccan food in T.O. Bon appetit!
Walima Cafe on Avenue Rd
wagslikeadog says:
Yup. It was great! Thanks for the smile!
Posted on: Sep 27, 2012