Wakkoku

Kobe, Japan

Wakkoku Kobe Reviews

ratu ratu
Kobe Beef Aug 20, 2008
For my 30th review and Critic award I left this restaurant. On my last day in Japan I spend half day for going to Kobe specially for the KOBE BEEF!

I choose Wakkoku because it was really closer Shin-Kobe, it was recommended by Lonely Planet and I can't find any recomendations about where to eat Kobe beef in Kobe!

Wakkoku is a kind of luxury restaurant so go properly dressed(not like me!).

Decorated on Black/Grey stone, I spend like 20 minutes to find it.

The menĂºs as you can see are expensives from 8.000 to 20.000 Yens! But I think the cost is correct.

I arrive there really early, arround 12h there was empty, they drive me to an empty Teppan-Yaki and I have a Cook only for me! I choose the 10500 Yens Menu :p

I like so much to see the cook in front of me cooking each and every product, first of all a kind of salmon, vegetables and a salad that were really good, also I order a cup of wine that was correct but I left oxigenate moving all time the cup, when the beef was ready the wine was perfect (he he he)

Then the 220gr Kobe Beef arrives and also the cook was making it only for me!! He made 4 or 5 pieces, give me to me and wait that I finish to make me 4 or 5 more...

The menu is enought, they also give me a soup and tea ocha, don't need to order anything more.

The beef is really good one of the best meats that I ever taste, really delicate and strong at the same time.

I RECOMMEND WITHOUT DOUBTS THIS PLACE AND MEAT AND ADD IT TO MY TOP 10 RESTAURANT LIST
Entrance