Waitomo Caves

Waitomo Caves Road, Auckland, New Zealand
Waitomo Caves - me bro n sis before we went in
Waitomo Caves - The drop into the cave.
Waitomo Caves - I see the light!
Waitomo Caves - Just hanging around.

Waitomo Caves Auckland Reviews

annemw annemw
Excellent Experience! Dec 31, 2010
This was so much fun! Our tour guide was awesome.

You first start by abseiling into the caves. It's a huge drop, and it's scary looking down, but it's so much fun once you get over the height and just hang.

Once in the cave, you have to climb out. You get to see some glow worms also.

The abseil alone made this fun, but the cave experience made it great! And our tour guide made it awesome. Go Dan!
The drop into the cave.
I see the light!
Just hanging around.
tedwerd2 tedwerd2
Awesome Caving Trip Mar 16, 2008
At first all my friends did it and they said it was cool, but I thought it was still just an expensive touristy thing. Well, it was, but completely worth it. I think I went with the black water rafting company, and did the biggest trip they offer, forget what its called. We went to the entrance, abseiled 200ft or so straight down into the cave, ziplined in complete darkness except for thousands of glowworms, jumped 15ft into an underground river on tubes, rafted down the river looking at glowworms, and hiked up river and over 3 underground waterfalls to get out. I've done a few public and private caving expeditions in my time, but this was by far the best. Totally worth the bug bucks spent.
me bro n sis before we went in

Related Travel Blogs About Waitomo Caves

Auckland
After leaving the Waitomo Caves, we headed north towards Auckland stopping for lunch in Huntly along the way.  As we approached Auckland, you could see a gradual change from the rural nature of …Waitomo Caves, we headed north towards Auckland stopping for lunch in Huntly along the way.  As we approached Auckland
Caving
From Auckland, I went to the south, and on the way down I was told that there are many good trips with caving in Waitomo. So to an i-site I went to get info and I drove to Waitomo Caves. I have a …Auckland, I went to the south, and on the way down I was told that there are many good trips with caving in Waitomo
My Homeland
There are soooo many beautiful places in NZ to visit,.  Our Weather is very unpredictable. Best time to visit is dependent on what you want to do.  All seasons, there is plenty to see and d…Auckland Harbour Bridge!, Explore the Waitomo Caves, Hot Water Beach, Cathedral Cove,  Rotorua is a must!, Taupo…

Check Auckland Hotel Deals