Waikiki Guest House

Check Treasure Beach Hotel Deals

Waikiki Guest House Treasure Beach Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great place for a casual stay May 03, 2011
Luckily we arrived to Treasure Beach just after the end of the tourist season and therefore didn’t have a huge problem in finding a place where we wanted to stay. We had as usual consulted all out travel guides and our first choice was the Waikiki Guest House situated in the middle of Treasure Beach.

One of the reasons of choosing this place besides the price was also the fact that it was situated almost next door to the Jack Sprats Bar and Jake's Hotel with probably are two the best places in town; anyway they are that by reputation.

Waikiki Guest House has direct access to the beach and one of the neighbours on the beach is Eggy's Bar, which is a fabulous place to watch sundown’s with a cold Red Stripe in your hand. This we did not know before we had tried it but it was a major experience.

We drove up the group of houses that was situated on a large piece of land. At the end of the huge lawn there were 3 houses; all very different. Between the houses there were a tree with a table built around it and next to that there was an open shed with 3 hanging hammocks. It all looked almost too good to be true. There was a woman sitting by the tree as we arrived; she turned out to be the wife of the couple that owned the place.

We were looking for two single rooms but we managed to get a whole house for 60$ each of the two night we were staying there. The house had three rooms and we had to share a bathroom, but we had even kitchen, living room and a nice porch to enjoy a glass of wine before heading for any of the neighbouring restaurants and bars.

The rooms we had we gotten were both double rooms with two beds and a fan. The rooms were really large and when we arrived all the windows were open and there were a breeze going through the house that made it feel pretty cool. We quickly found out that if we closed the windows the rooms got pretty warm and fast. The house was all kept in light baby blue turquoise and white and it all looked pretty fresh.

The bathroom was not much to party about but there was the essential like a toilet, a sink and a bathtub. The water supply turned out to be unstable due to the dry season where the water was prioritized towards the farmers. The second day the water almost stopped running just after I was soaped in from top till toe. I had just a dripping tap but I managed to get out of there after some time.

Due to the fact that the dry season was ending at we had some showers the crabs came out from everywhere. At night you could hear the crabs under the house which was kind of strange and I almost stepped in one during the night when I stepped into the kitchen, but I guess this is what you want from a beach house; being close to the water and all.

The location of the Waikiki Guest House turned out to be really great; you are really close to some great places like Eggy´s bar from where you have the most fabulous sunset every day. The beach is just 10 meter from the house and the two legendary places in Treasure Beach; Jack Sprats and Jake’s Place are just around the corner.

I must say that I really enjoyed the place even though that it was a bit primitive
My room
The other end of my room
A third coner